admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I'm booked into my local hi-fi shop on friday to demo a few amps.I've never demo'd before so i would like to know what i should be looking for, i know this may sound strange but i've always bought blind in the past.So any tips and pointers would be greatfully received.

The amps i'm looking at are

Rotel RA-05SE

ARCAM FMJ A18 AND A22.

I mainly listen to techno the likes of The Prodigy, Chris Liebing, Tommy Four Seven but at the same time i love the The Doors, Hendrix, The Levellers.

If there are any other amps that you would recommend would also great.

Thanks Andy.

idc

Definitelt take your own music and if needs be take your speakers and CDP as well. You need to create as similar setup at the shop as to what you have at home to make a demo really worthwhile. I have even taken my mains conditioner to a demo in the past.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info guys/girls. The shop shop has the same same cdp as mine and almost similar speakers, so i take it that its just down to my ears and what they hear is best so to speak? Is it worth taking into account that i'm more in likely to change the cdp and speakers at a latter date so should i just stick to 1 thing at a time.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
I used to think going for a demo would provide me with a blinding flash of revelation but ive found that rarely the case unless you have a well stocked shop and sympathetic sales people. The chains have always been a let down to me sometimes comming away more confused.

TRENDING THREADS