deleting from iTunes library

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I am currently only a few gigs short of filling my iPod Touch, so shortly will need to start manually syncing my songs/videos etc. Therefore with this in mind I have the whole Harry Potter audio books on my iPod and wonder if there is a way of deselecting them as a whole or do I have to untick the files individually? This will take an eternity as you can imagine.....

Thanks

Moo

John Duncan

Moosive:
Hello

I am currently only a few gigs short of filling my iPod Touch, so shortly will need to start manually syncing my songs/videos etc. Therefore with this in mind I have the whole Harry Potter audio books on my iPod and wonder if there is a way of deselecting them as a whole or do I have to untick the files individually? This will take an eternity as you can imagine.....

Thanks

Moo

Create a playlist that doesn't contain the Harry Potter audiobooks, and sync your ipod to that?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Why dont iTunes, iPods, iPhone just have a delete button?

All this malarkey of creating a playlist and syncing is a real pain
emotion-12.gif

Any thought's JD?

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Try this,

Sort your itunes library by artist which should put all the Harry Potters together (not sure how they would have been imported, so you may have to sort whichever column puts them all together). Select the first track, then shift select the last one to highlight the whole selection. Then control click on the first tick box which will bring up a pull down menu, halfway down which is a command 'uncheck selection'. This will then untick everything you have highlighted and the next time you sync will remove them from your iPod but not from your iTunes library just in case you want to revisit them later on !

Hope that's clear and helps !

Rob

An Apple a day keeps those PCs away !

idc

For a playlist to synch the ipod with, create a new one and give it a name. When you connect the ipod to itunes select the music tab and on the right hand side is a list of your artists. You can select which ones you want to include in the playlist which will show up on the left, including your new synch one. Simples.

John Duncan

Torres09:
Why dont iTunes, iPods, iPhone just have a delete button?

All this malarkey of creating a playlist and syncing is a real pain
emotion-12.gif

Any thought's JD?

iTunes does, it's the delete button on your keyboard...

A

Anonymous

Wow, thanks robjcooper, it took me like 30 seconds to do as you suggested. Thanks. I now have another 6GB to play with.

I have also discovered the playlists in your settings that I was not aware of. So a day of learning for me.

Great days

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts