dedicated cd player or blue ray???

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi ppl, not shaw if im in the right forum???

I've been playing my cd's through a PS3 which for some reason has decided to pack in when it comes to playin any form of sound whether it be through optical or hdmi. That problem aside im trying to work out what would be better for playin my cd's. Is it worth buyin a dedicated cd player as appose to just buying a blue ray player??? It's going through sony's 1200es reciever and kef's IQ5se floorstanders.

Many thanks, Rick

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rick,

a dedicated CD player will sound better then a Blu-ray player but the main problem is amplification. In general, home cinema receivers aren't the most musical of devices so splashing out on a CD player might not be the best use of your money. Would you be buying a Blu-ray player on top of a CD player?

ÿ

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
It's SQ im after so im guessin i should take the reciever out of the the equation all together and get a regular amp and cd player??? What would you recommend??? baring in mind the speakers im using 'KEF IQ5se'

A

Anonymous

You could add a stereo amp and connect it up to the pre outs of your sony amp. This will improve sound quality especially in stereo. You could look at a roksan kandy power amp, which would work well with your KEFs. This would neatly incorporate both systems. Any amp will do the job though if this is too much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts