Deciphering Rega Tonearms

BClarkeVA

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
I bought a Linn LP12 with a Rega tonearm but I don't know how to determine if Rega 250, 300, 350 etc. How do I determine which Rega model I have?

Bob C

I bought a Linn LP12 with a Rega tonearm but I don't know how to determine if Rega 250, 300, 350 etc. How do I determine which Rega model I have?

Bob C
What does it look like?
Why would anyone fit a Rega tonearm on a LP12?
they have quite different mounting profiles.
It's not that easy to do and they were not designed to take them.
got any photos?

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Excellent deck. Looks like it could do with a good service and set-up.

There is a great FB page for LP12 enthusiasts who are very knowledgable and will offer advice (on how to empty your wallet quickly) ;)

Reactions: Al ears
Excellent deck. Looks like it could do with a good service and set-up.

There is a great FB page for LP12 enthusiasts who are very knowledgable and will offer advice (on how to empty your wallet quickly) ;)

Emptying your pockets quickly was the whole reason for the design of this turntable I feel.... :)

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Emptying your pockets quickly was the whole reason for the design of this turntable I feel.... :)

To be fair you can buy a fully serviced LP12 from the likes of Cymbiosis for around £1500 upwards. It would be a fantastic sounding deck too. It is very tempting to replace my Axis with one but I'd really need more LPs to justify it.

To be fair you can buy a fully serviced LP12 from the likes of Cymbiosis for around £1500 upwards. It would be a fantastic sounding deck too. It is very tempting to replace my Axis with one but I'd really need more LPs to justify it.
That's interesting but must a very old / unmodified deck and there are plenty of other options for that sort of money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts