Death of Spotify?

matthewpiano

It is this sort of thing that increasingly puts me off streamed music. Spotify has been hit and miss for quite some time and now there is the threat that, in all probability, mysqueezebox.com won't be supported for ever more rendering access to such services as Spotify and Napster through the Touch difficult without finding ways round it.

With all these services we are completely at the mercy of those running them. Putting an LP or CD on, or accessing music files ripped from the CD, is so much more straight forward.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
well i did buy a Squeezbox touch a few weeks ago used, sold it now and using an Airport Express now streaming into a Rega DAC!

I have 4 options now:

1, play red book CD

2, stream lossless

3, play an LP

4, spotify free on my iMac to discover music then buy the physical CD?LP

its all I need!

A

Anonymous

I had an SBT (which i found annoyingly flaky with spotify) but now access Spotify via my mac, optical out to my Cyrus amp. No problems whatsoever.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
...yet to see a problem myself.

Use it on the Squeezeboxes, the PC and 2 androids. issue free almost (it can be a bit funny with Windows 8).

SteveR750

The "problem" is synced tracks to a mobile device to play them offline. There is no issue at all with streaming them over broadband wi fi on any device. It's only available with Premium and as I stated it's one of two reasons for paying extra (the other being the higher quality bitrates).

I've also noticed that tracks occasionally vanish from their server - Porcupine Tree - Fear of A Blank Planet is a good example. I had it on a playlist, now the whole album has disappeared from Spotify's library!

T

the record spot

Yes; noticed this on my Touch recently. Very annoying. Come on Spotify - sort it out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts