• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Danish Hifi

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
743
306
5,270
Anyone knows why Danish Hifi is so good? I'm quite fond of it and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. DALI, Dynaudio, Jamo, Densen. All so musical. Even had a pair of less desirable Eltax that sounded really good. I know there's also Copland and Gato I'm yet to experience but I'm seriously impressed with Hifi coming out of Denmark.
 
  • Like
Reactions: newlash09

Macspur

Well-known member
May 3, 2010
77
0
18,540
insider9 said:
Anyone knows why Danish Hifi is so good? I'm quite fond of it and I'm wondering if I'm the only one. DALI, Dynaudio, Jamo, Densen. All so musical. Even had a pair of less desirable Eltax that sounded really good. I know there's also Copland and Gato I'm yet to experience but I'm seriously impressed with Hifi coming out of Denmark.
Don't know why it's so good, maybe it's the clean air or something, but you're certainly right about their HiFi... you've got GamuT, Densen and Gryphon too, all top brands.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com
 

DocG

Well-known member
May 1, 2012
54
1
18,545
I agree. Some more speaker brands to try out (if you haven't already): System Audio (with their Pandion 2) and Audiovector. I for one was very impressed when I auditioned the Audiovector SR1 Avantgarde, very cohesive, fast and airy (with the front-and-back-firing ribbon tweeter!). Must be some five years ago now, but there's still days I regret I didn't buy them...
 
  • Like
Reactions: newlash09

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
743
306
5,270
Didn't realise Audiovector was also Danish. These speakers look great. Quite a few more brands I've realised. Out of which I only used Ortofon :)
 

gasolin

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2013
873
142
19,070
Raidho peter bruninger has ordered one of the speakers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RMitMC89BU

Audiovector speakers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPPlcDEBAI

Buchardt speakers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ-eRhNbtOE

peter bruninger gamut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFD1W1xdIc

Lyngdorf steinway (dali) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWpBebhhWg

B&O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OI5Gqx8jE4

System audio speakers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brOK-IipCcA

Ortofon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Gn39eCZ5g

Copland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnuJqNWpZEA

M&K sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6U2yNhEtjo
 

gasolin

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2013
873
142
19,070
Dansk hifi er hyggeligt

The best from Raidho,Gamut,Dynaudio,Audiovector can compete with the best in the world

Forgot about Primare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqhKNAD_OZg
 
  • Like
Reactions: newlash09

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
308
85
10,970
I only no Dali and think they make some great speakers and if I upgraded my speakers it would still be Dali and I also think as a company they believe in good sound quality and also try and give people a chance to have a peace of there technology what ever budget
 

Nelis87

Well-known member
Nov 24, 2014
24
2
10,520
Its not just Denmark but their neighbours as well. Electrocompaniet, Amphion, Genelec, Primare, Abrahamsen.. All stuff I wouldn't say no to.
 

gasolin

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2013
873
142
19,070
Nelis87 said:
Its not just Denmark but their neighbours as well. Electrocompaniet, Amphion, Genelec, Primare, Abrahamsen.. All stuff I wouldn't say no to.
Neighbour, theres a long way from denmark to finland (genelec), xtz from sweden is also surpose to be really good and Hegel and Supra cables
 

Nelis87

Well-known member
Nov 24, 2014
24
2
10,520
gasolin said:
Neighbour, theres a long way from denmark to finland (genelec), xtz from sweden is also surpose to be really good and Hegel and Supra cables
Sorry, with neighbours I mean the fellow Scandinavians, didn't think I needed to clarify that. But since you like to go the all perfectionist Hegel already has been mentioned here.
 

Electro

Well-known member
Mar 30, 2011
43
3
18,545
I used to own a pair of Audiovector speakers and they were very good indeed .

I think it is more of a Scandanavian trait rather that just Danish though, all those cold nights and long periods of darkness focus the scandanavian mind into producing the best possible HiFi equipment to turn the music into something very special and uplift the spirit of the people during those cold dark days and nights. *biggrin*
 

gasolin

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2013
873
142
19,070
Electro said:
I used to own a pair of Audiovector speakers and they were very good indeed .

I think it is more of a Scandanavian trait rather that just Danish though, all those cold nights and long periods of darkness focus the scandanavian mind into producing the best possible HiFi equipment to turn the music into something very special and uplift the spirit of the people during those cold dark days and nights. *biggrin*
So what do they do in uk when it's always raining? Eat fish and chips watching jamie oliver or monty pythons? *biggrin*
 

Electro

Well-known member
Mar 30, 2011
43
3
18,545
gasolin said:
Electro said:
I used to own a pair of Audiovector speakers and they were very good indeed .

I think it is more of a Scandanavian trait rather that just Danish though, all those cold nights and long periods of darkness focus the scandanavian mind into producing the best possible HiFi equipment to turn the music into something very special and uplift the spirit of the people during those cold dark days and nights. *biggrin*
So what do they do in uk when it's always raining? Eat fish and chips watching jamie oliver or monty pythons? *biggrin*
Much truth is said in jest . *wink* *biggrin*
 

insider9

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2016
743
306
5,270
Reason why I mentioned Danish in particular was due to the presentation I found they preferred. I enjoy Scandinavian gear but Danish in particular is musical first and foremost.

Brands that I've owned always put the music front and centre. Be it DALI, Densen, Jamo, Eltax. The measurements were not be all and end all. Musical enjoyment was. I've listened to some Dynaudio + Densen combo yesterday and results were very Danish... music, dynamic, bouncy, fast sound. Hegel indeed is very Danish with how it sounds in many ways.

Compare it to other Scandinavian gear I used. And Primare for instance and QLN was voiced differently. Early Primare sounded grand and quite slow. Later was faster but still put a lot of focus on Hifi traits like imaging. It was mostly atmosphere and not necessarily rhythm. QLNs I've used could convey atmosphere very well also but were neither fast nor dynamic enough.

My question to others who owned Danish Hifi are my observations similar to yours? Or are trey just a happy coincidence?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS