• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Dali Zenzor 3 amplifier

Chrisb6kl

Nov 9, 2020
Good morning,
I have a pair of Dali Zenzor 3 connected to a Sherwood RX-4208.
As far as i can see and listen the Dali's do not sound as good as they should.
I mean i change the amplifier to a Sony (for a test only)and they sound a lot better (more complete sound in mid and hi range) but i a want to keep my Sherwood.Is there a change that its not very compatible with the Dali's or do i need to add something else in my set?

Thank you!

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
A quick google suggests that the amp is a good deal cheaper than the speakers, and not from a make with a stellar reputation. I doubt it's compatibility, the amp may well be out of its depth.

Reactions: Al ears

Chrisb6kl

Nov 9, 2020
thank you for your quick reply.

Any suggestions for a complete amplifier that will drive all good aspects of The Dali's to life would be much appreciated!!

matthewpiano

Nov 23, 2007
I'd agree with @12th Monkey, and you've already heard how much better your Dalis can sound with a different amplifier.

I used to have Zensor 3s, and found them hugely satisfying paired with a Marantz PM6003 - a good option without spending too much. There's loads of similar amps on the second hand market - pick any from PM6003, PM6004, PM6005, PM6006 or if you want new you might find some end-of-line stock of the PM6006UK. There's also the new model - PM6007.

For a little more, you should be able to pick up a Rega Brio-R on the second hand market, or a new Rega Brio. Either would get even more from the Dalis.

rainsoothe

Apr 30, 2012
+1 for the Marantz recommendations, they sound great with the Zensors. If you're on a budget, even the 5005 will do. 6006 has some digital inputs, in case you wanna connect a CD transport or something.

Reactions: matthewpiano

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
The Zensor 3's are very good speakers for the money. I had excellent results when I had them matched up with an old Arcam A85 and even better with my Nad C320bee. Both can be had quite cheaply 2nd hand.

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Good morning,
I have a pair of Dali Zenzor 3 connected to a Sherwood RX-4208.
As far as i can see and listen the Dali's do not sound as good as they should.
I mean i change the amplifier to a Sony (for a test only)and they sound a lot better (more complete sound in mid and hi range) but i a want to keep my Sherwood.Is there a change that its not very compatible with the Dali's or do i need to add something else in my set?

Thank you!
IOTAVX SA3 amplifier
Marantz PM6006 UK Edition
Arcam SA10

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS