Dali Zenzor 3 amplifier

Chrisb6kl

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
Good morning,
I have a pair of Dali Zenzor 3 connected to a Sherwood RX-4208.
As far as i can see and listen the Dali's do not sound as good as they should.
I mean i change the amplifier to a Sony (for a test only)and they sound a lot better (more complete sound in mid and hi range) but i a want to keep my Sherwood.Is there a change that its not very compatible with the Dali's or do i need to add something else in my set?

Thank you!

Chrisb6kl

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
thank you for your quick reply.

Any suggestions for a complete amplifier that will drive all good aspects of The Dali's to life would be much appreciated!!

matthewpiano

I'd agree with @12th Monkey, and you've already heard how much better your Dalis can sound with a different amplifier.

I used to have Zensor 3s, and found them hugely satisfying paired with a Marantz PM6003 - a good option without spending too much. There's loads of similar amps on the second hand market - pick any from PM6003, PM6004, PM6005, PM6006 or if you want new you might find some end-of-line stock of the PM6006UK. There's also the new model - PM6007.

For a little more, you should be able to pick up a Rega Brio-R on the second hand market, or a new Rega Brio. Either would get even more from the Dalis.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The Zensor 3's are very good speakers for the money. I had excellent results when I had them matched up with an old Arcam A85 and even better with my Nad C320bee. Both can be had quite cheaply 2nd hand.

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Good morning,
I have a pair of Dali Zenzor 3 connected to a Sherwood RX-4208.
As far as i can see and listen the Dali's do not sound as good as they should.
I mean i change the amplifier to a Sony (for a test only)and they sound a lot better (more complete sound in mid and hi range) but i a want to keep my Sherwood.Is there a change that its not very compatible with the Dali's or do i need to add something else in my set?

Thank you!
IOTAVX SA3 amplifier
Marantz PM6006 UK Edition
Arcam SA10

D

Deleted member 108165

A universe full of black holes waiting to suck your money, once you start seeking better. Watch out.
(Being content is the skill......that only the lucky ones master).
Never a truer statement has ever appeared on these forums Gray (y) :)

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts