Dali Zensor 3

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Cypher said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I haven't needed my sub since I bought the Zensor 3s, much better bass than my previous 2020is.

Do you think the Dali Zensor 3 is an overall better speaker than the Q acoustics 2020i ?

Absolutely. It's definitely a step up in class.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I was an owner of the Dali Zensor 1 speakers and now have the Q Acoustics 2020i. IMO the 2020i speakers were far better than the Zensor 1......they sound much more cohesive, bass is more articulate and clearer and the imaging is of a higher level, the Zensors sounded not as organised.

Maybe I'll check out the Zensor 3 but I still don't know for sure because of my experience with the Zensor 1. I know they are a lot larger but even what hifi said "it's just not the very last word on poise and precision" in the review of the Zensors 3.

I have to audition them I quess ;)

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
i'm really looking forward to setting up my DZ3's , they turned up today and i'll have a play with them when i get home from work

i'm hoping they are as good as people say : )

i still have the 2020i's so if i'm unimpressed i could always stick with those

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
danbeatles78 said:
i'm really looking forward to setting up my DZ3's , they turned up today and i'll have a play with them when i get home from work

i'm hoping they are as good as people say : )

i still have the 2020i's so if i'm unimpressed i could always stick with those

Let me know which you like better.........the 2020i's or the Zensor's 3.............ok ? ;)

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Been running the Z3's in now for a couple of hours

they sound amazing already, bass is more noticeable that the 2020i's

as mentioned before the sound staging is great and you can really pick out parts of the song

They are connected to the sonos amp and streaming spotify through sounds just as good as the flac files on the NAS

interestingly enough I have the mounted on the Q Acoustics stands and look and sound fantastic

so glad I made the purchase albeit blindly but trust me you will love these speakers

the 2020i's are fantastic speakers but are no match in my opinion

the Z3's just sound superior and I would class myself as a nightmare (wife's words) due to the amount of different speakers I've had looking for that particular 'sound'

think I've finally found it : )

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
danbeatles78 said:
Been running the Z3's in now for a couple of hours

they sound amazing already, bass is more noticeable that the 2020i's

as mentioned before the sound staging is great and you can really pick out parts of the song

They are connected to the sonos amp and streaming spotify through sounds just as good as the flac files on the NAS

interestingly enough I have the mounted on the Q Acoustics stands and look and sound fantastic

so glad I made the purchase albeit blindly but trust me you will love these speakers

the 2020i's are fantastic speakers but are no match in my opinion

the Z3's just sound superior and I would class myself as a nightmare (wife's words) due to the amount of different speakers I've had looking for that particular 'sound'

think I've finally found it : )

After 2 hours?

Perhaps live a little with them and report back in a week or two?

regards

danHifi2014

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

Anyone audited Dali Zensor 3 vs Dynaudio DM 2/7?

Last year I bought a pair of Dali Zensor 1 and a pair of Monitor Audio RX2.
Honestly I'm not totally satisfied with any of these.
Monitor Audio RX2 - too much boomy bass, treble sometimes hurts, sound is a bit muddy.
Dali Zensor 1 - treble is much better, sound is clean, but the bass is too low on some tracks, also the sound is a bit thin compared to RX2.

Thank you

matthewpiano

danHifi2014 said:
Hey,

Anyone audited Dali Zensor 3 vs Dynaudio DM 2/7?

Last year I bought a pair of Dali Zensor 1 and a pair of Monitor Audio RX2.
Honestly I'm not totally satisfied with any of these.
Monitor Audio RX2 - too much boomy bass, treble sometimes hurts, sound is a bit muddy.
Dali Zensor 1 - treble is much better, sound is clean, but the bass is too low on some tracks, also the sound is a bit thin compared to RX2.

Thank you

I've owned Dali Zensor 1s and 3s, and I'm familiar with the RX2s as well. I now have Dynaudio DM2/6s.

I never really rated the RX2s for exactly the reasons you express. They aren't engaging, though I believe the new Silver 2s address these issues.

The Zensor range is really good. I agree with you about the qualities and drawbacks of the 1 and I personally feel that these are addressed by the 3s, which are very good all-rounders.

The DM2/6s are superior though. More natural sounding than the Zensor range, with the most superb treble performance I've heard in anything approaching an affordable speaker. The drive units work together seamlessly and there is an eveness to their sound right across the frequency range. When I got them I tried them against the Focal 705s, AE 301, and Tannoy DC6. The Tannoys put up a very good fight but lost out as I didn't feel they were worth the extra £100. The AEs are very detailed but I found them too thin sounding for my tastes. The Focals were competent but didn't grab me in any way at all. I am very pleased with the Dynaudios, though I think having such a superb amplifier is crucial to their performance. At £445 the Exposure is, from my pretty extensive experience, in a different class to anything else at or near its price and it really grips the Dyns beautifully.

Points to watch with Dyns.... They like a bit of space around them to perform their best, and they respond well to an amplifier that can grip them - drive AND control them. Get those things right and they will enchant over long listening sessions and at all volumes, including some very low settings where many speakers just fall apart. The DM2/7s will need a bit more space again - perhaps worth working out if you really need the larger speaker.

danHifi2014

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
matthewpiano, thank you for you fast response.

I'm undecided between Dali Zensor 3 and Dynaudio DM2/7(or 2/6).
My room is ~4mx4.3meters. Distance from the rear wall is ~30cm for RX2.
My amp is Pioneer A-30k(70w into 4ohms), a budget amp. I can upgrade the amp too if needed.
How is the bass on Zensor 3 compared to Dynaudio?

danbeatles78

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Matt,

i'm running the zensor 3's with the Sonos amp

do you think I would get more from these speakers connected to say Marantz pm6005 and the sonos connect?

matthewpiano

danHifi2014 said:
matthewpiano, thank you for you fast response.

I'm undecided between Dali Zensor 3 and Dynaudio DM2/7(or 2/6).
My room is ~4mx4.3meters. Distance from the rear wall is ~30cm for RX2.
My amp is Pioneer A-30k(70w into 4ohms), a budget amp. I can upgrade the amp too if needed.
How is the bass on Zensor 3 compared to Dynaudio?

My previous amp was the A30k. Works very well with the Dalis but not good enough for the Dyns.

The bass is more overtly bigger on the Dalis. The Dyns are more subtle with a greater talent for tonal gradation and texture but they need a better amp.

birau1982

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Could you please recommend a good receiver for the Dali Zensor 3 speakers? I need a receiver because I want to create a 5.1 system.

Thank you,

Ciprian

TRENDING THREADS