Dali Zensor 3 close to rear wall?

robdmarsh

Hi

I'm thinking of getting these to partner with my Marantz mcr603. I really like the sound. What I don't have a lot of is space behind the speakers and they would have to go close to rear wall. The room itself is not small or cramped in any way but a chimney brest prevents me from putting them further into the room. Would I be comproming the sound?

Thanks, Rob

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
robdmarsh said:
Hi

I'm thinking of getting these to partner with my Marantz mcr603. I really like the sound. What I don't have a lot of is space behind the speakers and they would have to go close to rear wall. The room itself is not small or cramped in any way but a chimney brest prevents me from putting them further into the room. Would I be comproming the sound?

Thanks, Rob
hi when I had some Dali 3s I had to have them on speaker brackets on the wall and they were ok but they should go on speaker stands by rights but your just have to try and see what they sound like but put any speaker to close to a wall and it can cause bass boom .

rainsoothe

There are very few speakers that are designed to go against the wall. The Zensor 3 will sound better with some space, but in their manual, Dali state that they're designed to work close to a wall. Also, Marantz + Dali = Rotel + B&W = love :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts