Dali Zensor 1 or Arcam Alto Speakers for Denon M38 DAB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Currently have Denon M38DAB mini system and am looking for speakers to get most out of system.

Was thinking about the highly regarded Zensor 1's, however I've had an offer of a pair of Arcam Alto's in mint condition for £99. Does anyone have any experience withy these combinations or can anyone offer any objective advice.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I should add that the system resides on my office desk which is against a wall, hence the need for smallish unfussy speakers.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I should add that the system resides on my office desk which is against a wall, hence the need for smallish unfussy speakers.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hey

I'm thinking about getting some Zensor 1's, nice and cheap..

For the record.. a few weeks ago I got some Monitor Audio BX2's, they are VERY good for the price £225, really impressed with them so think about thsoe too. Ideal with a warm amp.

But,, those Alto's for £99? Well can't beat that, that's a fraction of what they would have been new. If I were you, I'd be tempted to get those. Provided they are in full working order!

A

Anonymous

Bosko said:

Thanks

Okay, make sure you get front ported then.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

Alto's seem to have the edge on that front as they are front ported.

As a rule would they sound better right up against the wall or slightly away?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Also been offered Cyrus 6xp for £475 also mint with guarantee. Shop has loaned it to me, I've tested it with the Alto's and whilst there is a difference between the Cyrus and my Denon M38, its not as much as I would have expected.

Am I being unrealistic expecting great sound on my desktop?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

If I buy the Cyrus will I need to get better speakers to realise the Cyrus's potential, suggestions?

To give a little contextual background.

Before I got married and had my wonderful kids, I used to have a system comprising,

Musical Fidelity A3 Dual Mono A3 Amp, Marantz 63KI Sig and Kef q35 floorstanders.

Now, some 10-12 years later (and having sold my system some years back) am harking after my sounds. So trying to be sensible financially I purchased a Denon M38Dab for £209 (I can still return it for refund) Shop loaned me the Arcam Alto's to try with the Denon and after my inititial auditioning and disappointment, the shop also loaned me the Cyrus.

I'm using Talk 3 speaker cable and source at present is mainly lossless files on Iphone 4s docked on Arcam idock and cd's on the Denon. I don't have cd to test with the Cyrus.

So to summarise, I don't have great deal of funds available but can stretch to the £475 for the cyrus and perhaps to better speakers if that will give me back my sounds.

Looking forward to advice.

Thanks for taking the trouble.

Bosko

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Rega RS-1! I have a Denon M37 with Rega RS-1, very good match! Interesting to hear/see that the difference between the Cyrus and the Denon should be so small. Both are class A/B amps?

A

Anonymous

thanks matthewpiano,?

can the Q100's go up against the wall in a small room on a desk?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Trouble is, Bosko, you said you want to put the speaker right upto a wall, so I wouldn't thuink the Dali's would be so good for this, as far as I'm aware they are rear ported, so you'd need ideally at least 10-12 inch clearence.

Why not move the desk away from the wall, then you can get the Dali's. ^^

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts