Dali spektor 2 pairing

matthj6

Mar 21, 2023
Visit site
Are my Dali Spektor 2’s capable enough to pair to Technics sa-c600?
Not looking for a massively loud system, just a pleasant sound for the bedroom.

Possibly, but I think they might require a bit more power.
They are at the lowest end of recommend watts per channel and aren't the most efficient of speakers.
The Technics would obviously benefit from more efficient speakers.

matthj6

Mar 21, 2023
Visit site
Possibly, but I think they might require a bit more power.
They are at the lowest end of recommend watts per channel and aren't the most efficient of speakers.
The Technics would obviously benefit from more efficient speakers.
I did wonder as I realise the Spektors are a bit power hungry.
I could look at a speaker upgrade later on

Reactions: Al ears
Hi, yes. I own the speakers and am considering the sa-c600 for it’s all round convenience
Just looked at the amp power specs, no reason why the Dalis shouldn't work. On the amp review they tested the Technics with LS50 Meta, which are arguably harder to drive. However, whether you'll like the combo is another matter.

Is there any local dealer where you can demo the combination?

Reactions: matthewpianist

matthewpianist

The two should work together perfectly well, but the Dalis won't get anything like the full potential of the Technics.

You could, as you say, view this as a starting point and upgrade the speakers later. If you wanted to get more out of the Technics sooner, it would only take a move up to Dali Oberon 1 or 3, or Q Acoustics 3020i/3030i to hear a bigger part of what it can do.

If waiting will increase your budget, Technics' own 600-series speakers are rather talented and, IMO, worth the asking price.

Last edited:
I home trialled a pair of Spektor 2's with a Denon M39 which is half the power and it was absolutely fine.
Yep, what I said was incorrect, I was working on misinformation.
I read that the Technics only had 30 wpc, this is incorrect it has double that so should be just fine with the Spektors.
My apologies.....
Teach me to double check info and not believe everything you read. :cool:

gasolin

84db, they need som power to play loud, they have a bbc dip so they can sound artificial soft in the frequency range

jjbomber

84db, they need som power to play loud, they have a bbc dip so they can sound artificial soft in the frequency range
It's for the bedroom. He may need to play it loud so that the neighbours don't hear the moaning and screaming, but he should be OK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts