Question Dali Rubicon 2 v Opticon 2 MK2

The_Lecht_Rocks

Mar 24, 2023
Visit site
Are the Rubicons a much bigger and beefier presentation than the Opticon ?
I’m listening to the OPTICONS in a larger room now (4m x 6m) and wondering if Rubicon 2, Neat Petite or Quad Revello or alternatives offer a bigger and more suitable room filling experience?
CXA81 will drive them

Are the Rubicons a much bigger and beefier presentation than the Opticon ?
I’m listening to the OPTICONS in a larger room now (4m x 6m) and wondering if Rubicon 2, Neat Petite or Quad Revello or alternatives offer a bigger and more suitable room filling experience?
CXA81 will drive them
Love my Rubi 2s. No idea how they compare with the Opticons.

Agree with @Al ears floorstanders are probably better suited to your size of room, the only way of knowing for sure is to home demo a pair of the small Rubicons.

Reactions: Al ears

The_Lecht_Rocks

Mar 24, 2023
Visit site
What don't you like about them?

Before I purchased the Rubis I had a older pair of PMC TB2i. They were a cracking speaker, the difference between the two is fairly subtle. The main difference is the Dalis are a better match with my amp, the soundstage is seemless.

How the Prodigys sound with the Cambridge only you will know.
I've 2 set-ups and am currently considering the PMC as the speaker for the bigger room.
upgraditis is in play for the Opticons, I think the NEAT Mystique Classic is a perfect fit for my wee snug, but prefer bookshelf for the wee room...

The_Lecht_Rocks

Mar 24, 2023
Visit site
Blimey….
A little bit of tinkering today and the PMCs are now in the big room….
This room has given the PMCs room to breathe, and they are absolutely singing….
I’ve retired the OPTICONS to the small snug for now, may look to seek out a more delicate speaker for the small room (Menuet SE or similar)…..
I can see how bass refraction and limitation on placement will and does affect speaker selection very clearly now !

Reactions: nopiano and DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts