Q Acoustics Concept 20

Wharfedale Diamond 220

Dali Zensor 1

Floorstanding

Dali Zensor 5

Mission MX5

Q Acoustics 2050i

Cambridge Audio Aero 6

I like listening to blues and rock mostly, but I also have a soft corner for some good pop/rnb numbers once in a while.

Which speakers would you recommend in each category above?

psarkar

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I am planning to buy an onkyo TX NR636 receiver to go with this. Initially, I will use only a pair of stereo speakers. I listen to rock, blues and some rnb/pop. Couch would be about 3 m from the TV/speakers. There's another 3m or so behind the couch where I have my dining table (it's a long room). The width of the room would be around 4m.

In terms of sound, I am interested in clarity (should be able to hear the little details), good/strong/tight bass and natural reproduction. Songs I use for testing include "Six Blade Knife" by Dire Straits, "Unfinished Sympathy" by Massive Attack, "Turn your lights down low" by Bob Marley, "Come away with me" by Norah Jones, "My Father's eyes" by Eric Clapton and "Seven Nation Army" by White Stripes.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
I think the Concept 20s would be best for clarity, but because of the size of your room you may end up with a better balanced sound with either the Q Acoustics 2050is (the newer 3050s are better, though) or the Dali Zenzor 5s.

rainsoothe

Hi. If you want Atmos in the future, check Pioneer VSX930 or Denon 2200 with Dali zensor 3 fronts or Q Acoustics / Wharfedale floorstanders. If Atmos is not a must, go Sony STR DN860 and Q Acoustics 3050.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts