Dali Lektor 2

matthewpiano

I'm really enjoying my system at the moment and love the warmth and dynamism I'm getting. I do feel, however, that the speakers could do with being slightly more open sounding at the top than the BR2s, but without losing too much of their body, warmth and excitement. Reading the review of the Lektor 2s I suspect they might just be ideal. I'm interested in the thoughts of the WHF team here. Would the Dali's give me what I want or would they just be a sideways move? I'd love a pair of Epos M12is but I just can't afford them and its unlikely I will be able to this year.

A

Anonymous

http://www.audiovision.co.uk/epos-m12-2-ex-display-24260-0.html

One pair only, in stock. It's the light cherry finish, despite what it says on the website.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think you mean the Lektor 1 as the Lektor 2 (and 3) are not available yet. IMO the Lektor 1 surpasses the BR2 in every area you can think of. They have not so much bass but what is there is very tight and articulate. The detail level is VERY high. Maybe you can also try the new Epos ELS 8. I haven't heard them yet but since you are interested in Epos, the ELS 8 costs £250 a pair.

matthewpiano

It was the Lektor 2, reviewed in the March 2008 issue of WHFS&V. I fancied the Lektor 1s but I don't want to lose the weight of the BR2s, just their occasional tendency towards boxiness.

Will certainly look at the Epos ELS8s when they come out as well.

Thanks.

matthewpiano

tractorboy:http://www.audiovision.co.uk/epos-m12-2-ex-display-24260-0.html

One pair only, in stock. It's the light cherry finish, despite what it says on the website.

Thanks Tractorboy. Unfortunately its going to be a few weeks before I have the money so I'll probably be a little too late for these.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
So the Lektor 2 did get a good review ? I didn't know about that review
emotion-1.gif

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Like I said the Lektor 1 surpasses the BR2 in every area you can think of. I DO like the BR2 but IMO the Lektor is much better. You'll hear things in your music you don't hear with the BR2. The Lektor 1 is more accurate and sounds far more natural. You also don't have to worry about harshness because the tweeter of the Lektor 1 is so damn good.

But please do listen for yourself. You may like the BR2 better for some reasons.

A

Anonymous

Spot on Cypher The Lektor 1's are amazing speakers for their size . I've also heard the BR2's and was not all that impressed with them. I auditioned so many speakers before I went for the Dali's and I know that I made the right choice. Only problem is that I maybe tempted again when the Lektor 3's come out and might sell the Lektor 1's then. Depends on how big they will be as I think the 1's are a perfect size for my office.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts