Man Cave Nirvana?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm on my lunch break but I really should be getting back to work, I have team meeting in 15 minutes. OK this will be quick.

Excuse the metaphor but I want to launch another paper boat thread, hopefully this ship will stay afloat a little longer.
I had a thought, usually happens when I have three cups of coffee in the morning instead of two.

If you had your own personal man cave such as the small spare room or perhaps the loft, would you still use the same existing HiFi or have a completely new setup and if so, within the threshold of your own personal budget, what kind of HiFi would this consist of?

My spare room is where I work from home but it's also a place I can relax and listen to my music without interruption but you may have different ideas how you set this up. Disco lights that work with sound? No perish the thought!

I would love your commentary and thoughts.

1704894525707.png

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I posted this in the other thread. This is my work & music making hub. I listen to a lot of Spotify when I'm writing. Less so if clients want me on calls all day.

To be honest, I'd keep it the same hifi-wise. Or actually I would find a way to be able to stream with or without the computer connected. Right now the speakers run off my audio interface which can only be powered from usb.

IMG-2236.jpg

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I posted this in the other thread. This is my work & music making hub. I listen to a lot of Spotify when I'm writing. Less so if clients want me on calls all day.

To be honest, I'd keep it the same hifi-wise. Or actually I would find a way to be able to stream with or without the computer connected. Right now the speakers run off my audio interface which can only be powered from usb.

IMG-2236.jpg
So tidy :)

Reactions: Revolutions

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Well if my offspring ever move out I'm claiming the cellar that is currently their cave. I'll keep my AV set up, in the front room and just have the cellar for a stereo set up.
My youngest son (26) has a pioneer AV receiver hooked up to his gaming PC and a 43" monitor so we do watch films down there.IMG_20240110_210214408.jpg

matthewpianist

The best thing for me would be having somewhere I could squirrel myself away quietly, enjoying the music and shutting the world out. I would be more than happy sticking with my current kit, but working towards a long term aim of having a Linn Majik 109 system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
No Such luck for me, my hifi resides in the living room. My design studio is a mess of samples from china, boxes every where that I can't throw away and are slow to be posted back to the main office.

If it weren't so tight i'd have some JBL 4305p's in the room

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts