Dacmagic showing 48khz with mo sound

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have changed from usb to mii toshlink to toshlink . I put it into the headphone socket and the red light came on plugged it into the dacmagic and it is showing 48kz with no sound going to my amp. Any thought guys on what ive done wrong laptop is accer 7540

SteveR750

so, the laptop is connected to the DM via toslink?

The obvious checks (at the risk of being really obvious sorry):

Which laptop is it, as optical s/pdifs are rare on portable machines.

Check you have got the DM switched to the correct optical input (there are two).

Check your amp is set to the right input selector - is it working from other sources ok?

Failing that,

What are the output settings for the laptop, and what media player are you using? You'll need to make sure that you have configured windows to play optical out as default, unless your media player over-rules this (as J River for example can do if that's how it is set).

To check this, go into control panel, or simply right click on the audio icon in the taskbar and click on output device settings. You should open up a screen that shows you the connected audio devices - so built in speakers, optical s/pdif, or whatever other software drivers were installed (for example the DM uses its own ASIO driver that would also show as an option if installed and connected.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
All i did was plug the mini tosh into the headphone socket and the other end it was glowing red and the soundcard auto set as the output i then selected input 1 on myndac magic and it had no bitrate then plugged the toshlink into the dacmagic input 1 and the 48khz light appeared. I then have tried itunes playing 44.1 16bt alac files and no sound and the light still showed 48khz ten i tried 24/96 through foobar and 44.1 in media monkey then spotify not one could i getthe bitrate light to change or sound to output to the amp. I then went back to usb and all fine.

My laptop is accer 7540

CambridgeAudioCare

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Smuggs,

Can you try a few things for me.

Rather than an auto setting, is there a specific setting for the optical output? The way that optical connections work is that red light will be present all the time so it doesn't guarentee that the product is sending a signal.

Is there another device with an optical output you can test with the DacMagic to ensure that everything is OK there?
Many thanks
Ed Selley
Cambridge Audio.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
No sound in my denon1909 so it must be laptop . Never mind ill just stick to usb and 16/44.1 i have a 3 24/96 albums so i may upgrade to lastest dacmagic if that handles higher over usb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts