DACMAGIC + iPod

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, ive decided to buy a CA DACMAGIC as im mainly using my laptop and ipod as main music sources.

As im new to all of this ive got a few questions...

With the DACMAGIC and a laptop is it just a case of connecting the DAC to the amp with a phono cabel and then, via USB plugging the laptop directly into the DAC? So its like laptop --> DAC --> amp?

Also, I want to connect my ipod to it if possible? Ive read that you cannot by pass the built in DAC in the iPod? I was hoping that I would be able to plug the iPod dock into the DAC.. would this not work?

Thanks alot.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
a l e x:With the DACMAGIC and a laptop is it just a case of connecting the DAC to the amp with a phono cabel and then, via USB plugging the laptop directly into the DAC? So its like laptop --> DAC --> amp?

Yes, correct.

a l e x:Also, I want to connect my ipod to it if possible?
Ive read that you cannot by pass the built in DAC in the iPod? I was
hoping that I would be able to plug the iPod dock into the DAC.. would
this not work?

'Fraid not - you need something able to get the digital data out from the iPod and into the DAC. And that, at the moment, means only the Wadia 170 iTransport, AFAIK.

A

Anonymous

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case! May have to spend a bit more then I wanted!

With the DACMAGIC, according to richersounds there will be a "major improvement". Im obviously going to test it out but would you agree with that? Compared to just using my laptop now, adding the DACMAGIC must surely improve it!?

Cheers.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
a l e x:
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case! May have to spend a bit more then I wanted!

With the DACMAGIC, according to richersounds there will be a "major improvement". Im obviously going to test it out but would you agree with that? Compared to just using my laptop now, adding the DACMAGIC must surely improve it!?

Cheers.

If you have a decent amp and speakers, you will notice a major difference if you are listening to lossless files. However, if you are using mp3, it might not make you smile as much.

A

Anonymous

Anyone got an opinion on these? Compare at all to the DACMAGIC?

http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=4589&customer_id=PAA0452012609407SORMDWLHSEKGLLSC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts