DACMAGIC in silver now 199.99

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
Only a limited amount of these at Richer Sounds available in silver and now £30 cheaper than the black model.

Seems like this incarnation of the DACMAGIC is nearing the end of it's lifespan.

It's been such a success too, I imagine a replacement must be forthcoming.

A

Anonymous

Generally a product is not deemed at the end of its lifespan until it is replaced then you typically see a reduction in price. You would also see a reduction throughout the range, in this case you only see it in the silver model. Im with Andrew on this one.

Anyway, even if CA released a successor, it would have to be a damn sight better to make me even think of replacing my DacMagic
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ScottH:Generally a product is not deemed at the end of its lifespan until it is replaced then you typically see a reduction in price.

I don't think anyone told Rega of this 'rule'.

They will replace their Brio 3 and Mira 3 amps some time in 2011 and so have officially dropped their prices to £248 and £448 respectively. (They were £328 and £598.)

About a year ago they did the same with their Apollo and Saturn CD players and permanently dropped their prices on these models significantly (although they have not announced any replacement CD players yet.)

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
chebby:
ScottH:Generally a product is not deemed at the end of its lifespan until it is replaced then you typically see a reduction in price.

I don't think anyone told Rega of this 'rule'.

No-one told Cyrus or Monitor Audio either!, it's been my experience that the outging line gets discounted 1 or 2 months before the new one comes in, that's how i got my 6VS2 and BR2's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts