Dac upgrade or New cd player

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
davedotco - Oh and for your info cse, there is no way a good cassette deck's output can be described as 'garbage'. :)

Obviously not, but I'm not referring to a good cassette deck. Many average cassette decks produced an extremely underwhelming HIFI experience. I was after all around at the time.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
dayglowred7 said:
Thanks BigH , But for me GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT , still stands you would'nt connect a £70 cd player to a 1k amp and speakers , so I do still stand by the phrase .

Ugarding the cd and apeakers are going to leave me still needing a new amp , as that surely be the weakest link then.

But then what do I buy , go for high end and be happy for years or be sensible and always be wanting.

What was high end a while back that might make a descerning buy now .Marantz , Meridain , Naim etc

any suggestions for this line of enquiry.

Don't know about £70 but I know of tests with Sony PS which ahve been favourable with high end gear.Also some people use BD players at around £200. IMHO there is not much between difference cd players and the best thing on a cheap mini system is usually the cdp. Anyway a cheap cdp is not gabbage usually.

Actually my CDP is worth about £70 and its connected to £1,300 amp and speakers. It sounds better than many £2-3,000 systems I tried.

As you have AV system I would be inclined to try out a Cambridge BD player, I know of a few who have got rid of their cdp and just use that, the Oppos are similar but cost a bit more. If not I would consider changing the amp there are a few good ones around £600-£700.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts