DAC Sync Issue

inbox4

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
I have just purchased a Cyrus CDT transport to use with my Leema Elements DAC. The two sound exceptional together in my system, however I’m having problems and wonder if anyone can help?

When I turn the two on, the DAC doesn’t lock onto the CD player. Then after a while it will lock for a second, drop out and do this repeatedly. If I try and play music while this is happening, while it is locked the sound is distorted and then will disappear as the dac lock drops. Then after a while it lock properly, play normally and sound superb.

This is my second Cyrus CDT I’ve had, I returned the first one as faulty as it did the same. Now the second player is doing exactly the same, perhaps it’s not the CD player?

The DAC is fine with everything else I’ve connected to it including a Leema Elements CD player with the same COAX cable into the same input.

I’ve contacted both Cyrus and Leema.

Cyrus were very dismissive, said they’d not heard of such and issue and said it was probably the DAC.

Leema on the other hand have been superb. They are sending me a new COAX cable to try first (mine is quite old). If this doesn’t solve the problem, they are going to have the DAC and the Cyrus collected free of charge and test them together at their factory. I’m very impressed with my experience of Leema’s service (as well their products!) and I found out today that they have a standard 5 year warranty on all their kit superb!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the cause of my sync issue? I’d really rather avoid sending my hifi away if possible.

Many thanks.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
It seems both items are not communicating the wa y they should.. I once had problems with dropout of sound but that was coaxial input to my M-dac from my computer.. but not with cd player. And in my case it was the cable at fault... It does very much seem like a cable problem. Cyrus transport systems seems to be the industry standard since there are built purposely for that function.

But it seems Cyrus has not been very helpful with the matter.. There may alway been that one occassion the Cyrus CDT may not read information correctly... I hope the cable cures the problem.. All the best.

TRENDING THREADS