Dac/streaming question

Dean Morris

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi

This could be a silly question as I'm just starting to get into this. I'm I have an amp with a dac built in what's the best way (sound quality) to stream music from iTunes/spotify to the amp? Is it always best to connect directly?

Is there other options with Logitech remote

Dean Morris

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
That's what I mean how can you use the dac as a wireless streamer? Obviously I would need to buy something else so I can stream music across wirelessly...

Just thinking if I need a dac and just go for the arcam wireless dac?

Dean Morris

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
That's great. Can this work with spotify too?

I see there is a few options to connect things up to it.... Is there a preference to what the best connect is?

I guess this is better audio source than apple tv?

pgoody

May 3, 2012
Visit site
No. Airport express isn't better than an Apple TV. I would recommend a Squeezebox Touch. Good Spotify integration and the sound is better than from airport express or ATV.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Dean Morris said:
That's great. Can this work with spotify too?

It doesnt incorporate spotify directly, but if you have an ipad/iphone/mac then you can stream spotify from the ipad/iphone/mac to the airport express, and get it that way.

Works well too IME

pgoody

May 3, 2012
Visit site
As gregvet said. With an ipad/iphone or a mac (2011 onwards) it is easy to stream to an apple tv / airport express using spotify and itunes and I do it too when I use spotify. But when I listen to higher quality music I use the Squeezebox via optical. It just sounds better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts