Dac Magic Plus reduced to £299

SteveR750

Price reduced on the CA website, cheaper than most used examples on ebay....

Gray

Price reduced on the CA website, cheaper than most used examples on ebay....

That makes their little XS (Extra Small) version look somewhat pricey at £100.
(Not that the XS is bad, I bought one when the black version fell briefly to £39).

SteveR750

I've owned the original Dacmagic, the Plus, and also the XS. The XS is brilliant, but just lacking in power, which is a limitation of USB 2.0
I tried a few DACS some years ago when I still owned separates, some more than double the price of the Plus, and I kept coming back to the Plus, it's a great piece of kit, wished I'd kept mine.

Reactions: Gray

iMark

I bought a DACMagic about 10 years ago. It works really well. But it's in storage at the moment.

However, convenience is more important for us in our integrated setup. We moved to an network stereo receiver by Yamaha. The DAC in the Yamaha is perfectly OK but being able to switch to the right inputs with our Logitech Harmony app is so much more convenient than anything we've owned before. Streaming also has become much more important. In the previous setup we had an Airport Express connected to the DACMagic. The Yamaha R-N602 supports AirPlay and replaced three other components: a stereo receiver, a DAC and an Airport Express.

For sound and build quality I can recommend the Cambridge Audio stuff. But it should have a remote control in 2020.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts