Question CD Storage

barcpc

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Forum, good morning (At least in my timezone)

I have over 500 CDs, and I keep buying more so I bought myself a https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxc but now my quest is: How to store all of those CDs?
Right now I have them all in boxes and it is very inconvenient to use, and I hate that.

Did you make a furniture just for them, just leave them on the floor on in a shelve? How do you store them in a way that is convenient and looks nice ?

Any suggestions? Can you share some Pics?

Last edited:

Samd

Some years ago now but it's still going strong, I bought some steel rods about the thickness of a pencil and a number of hardwood battens around 1" square. I simply measured ample height for CD and access space and with fore and aft vertical battens holed for 2 rods across for each row they sit in the side of a chimney breast; look the business and work well but then, as designer, builder and author of this piece I am more than a tad biased!

barcpc

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Some years ago now but it's still going strong, I bought some steel rods about the thickness of a pencil and a number of hardwood battens around 1" square. I simply measured ample height for CD and access space and with fore and aft vertical battens holed for 2 rods across for each row they sit in the side of a chimney breast; look the business and work well but then, as designer, builder and author of this piece I am more than a tad biased!
Can you share some pics.

I'm looking for ideas,

Thanks,

Reactions: oldie

matthewpianist

CD storage is a major problem for me. I have a total of around 4,000 discs. Some of them are in big box sets (classical sets like the Yehudi Menuhin, Solti, Glenn Gould, Bernstein ones etc.), but there's a massive number of single album CDs. It isn't only the storage units that present issues but also the need for plenty of wall space.

I've reached the point where I'm massively reducing what I buy, limiting it to new recording/albums that I've listened to on Tidal and feel I like enough to listen to a lot. I've set a maximum of 2-3 discs per month, with the intention of hardly ever reaching that.

Reactions: barcpc

Wilts Hobbit

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I have started creating almost like a cd library, picked up 4 of these vertical units for a fiver a piece and have started sorting the discs alphabetically by artist. The lamp has like a handle and a long enough cord so I can pick it and read the discs spine. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031_205125.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031_205125.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 17

Gray

I have started creating almost like a cd library, picked up 4 of these vertical units for a fiver a piece and have started sorting the discs alphabetically by artist. The lamp has like a handle and a long enough cord so I can pick it and read the discs spine. Cheers
A couple of this type of thing bolted to the top would do you.
(Obviously not an expensive outdoor type like this one though)
I would do something like it on mine, but to be honest I hardly touch them now.

singularity6

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
Forum, good morning (At least in my timezone)

I have over 500 CDs, and I keep buying more so I bought myself a https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/hi-fi/cx-series-2/cxc but now my quest is: How to store all of those CDs?
Right now I have them all in boxes and it is very inconvenient to use, and I hate that.

Did you make a furniture just for them, just leave them on the floor on in a shelve? How do you store them in a way that is convenient and looks nice ?

Any suggestions? Can you share some Pics?

I have 2 of these, and need another soon. My collection is probably around 900 at the moment.

supesct ikea have somthing. i use kalax ( think that's how its spelt) for my records. cheap and many creative mods on Pinterest to jazz up their storage units.
IKEA Kallax I think it is.

I think my CD ‘towers’ were from the Billy range, but those are upstairs. Downstairs they’re in a bookcase, and a purpose made Quadraspire cabinet that was discontinued.

iMark

The old range that worked with the IKEA Billy was called Benno. I still have a couple of them as spares standing in the garage. In case we want to get the CDs out of the storage boxes. They are very similar to the Gnedby.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts