Question DAC+Headphones amp for Spotify?

ManFromKathmandu

Aug 6, 2021
Visit site
This has probably been asked before but I'm a total noob and most of the explanations went beyond my thick head.
Here's my problem: I listen to Spotify Premium from my MacBook into JBL Quantum 200 and Audio Technica m20x speakers. Will a DAC+headphone amp between them increase my sound quality? If yes, what should I get? Budget below $70.

Gray

In my opinion you would be better off saving your money as it would not buy you an improvement.
Unfortunately you would need to (at least) double your budget - and be sure that your headphones are good enough to justify the outlay.

Reactions: idc

ManFromKathmandu

Aug 6, 2021
Visit site
In my opinion you would be better off saving your money as it would not buy you an improvement.
Unfortunately you would need to (at least) double your budget - and be sure that your headphones are good enough to justify the outlay.

Thanks Gray. Can't up the budget for now.
Covid economy not helping. But this does save my money. I think I am better off with what I have for now.

Reactions: Gray

idc

I agree with Gray.

I think you would be better off with your next upgrade being headphones. At 47 and 32 ohms, both headphones are easy to drive and the JBLs are specifically for use with a computer. Amping would make no difference. I tried plugging my DT990 Pros (250 ohm) into my Huawei laptop and it can drive them fine. Max the volume on the laptop and Spotify and I can still listen to them, but they are LOUD!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts