cyrus X power or 8P to bi-amp

unison

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I'd appreciate the opinion of others on whether I should choose an X power or an 8P to biamp my XP8 QX. Obviously the X power would be better but I was thinking of putting the £150 saved towards a future PSX-R purchase - which I see are available for £350.

The other part of the system are a CDxTSE, and dali ikon 6 speakers using QED XT400 speaker cable.

My room is not huge

Opinions would be much appreciated

Perhaps people have a different view on an upgrade path?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
XPower all the way for me too
emotion-1.gif

My missus had the Cyrus 8vs2 with the 8 power, 8SE CDP and some B&UW CM7 speakers and it sounded great. She was then offered an ex-demo XPower and it made a significant difference to the soundstage and bass depth/punch so it was kept

A

Anonymous

angelface59 said:
Buy two s/h smart power pluses for 300 quid each!

DO NOT DO THIS

Sorry to bump an old thread but this is for the searchers - someone sent me a SmartPower+ instead of an X Power on Ebay (got a refund) and I was severely disappointed in its performance - the bottom end just isn't there. Get an X Power instead. You also have the benefit of being able to upgrade to another X Power in mono configuration if you want to.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree with everyone else, get an X power. You can add PSX-R's later.

Just a thought for the future - Mono x's are a big step up and no more than the cost of X powers with PSX-R's. Of course you will need a Pre Amp...but sooner or later you wiil have to scratch the itch ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts