Cyrus vs Roksan

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, in the next few months I will be in the market for a new Amp/CD player and floorstanders. I have heard the CD6SE / 6VS2 combo and was quite impressed but after reading the What hifi review for the K2 combo it looks like a close call. Unfortunately there are no local dealers where I can hear this units. I heard the Cyrus with a pair of Tannoy DC6T's which were great but a bit out of my price range.

Options are B&W 684, Mezzo 6 or MA RS6.............. Help!

Can anyone give me any opinions ???

T

the record spot

God knows mate; I think you should have a listen and compare (or at least as best you can) and take it from there. Have you done any background reading on the characteristics of the kit you're intersted in - how does the gear compare to what you want to hear from audio hardware - bass, midrange detail, crisp high end, etc?

Would you be prepared to mix and match over one-make? Haven't heard any of the kit you're interested in sadly, but the Mezzo 6's sound like they're going to be in the shortlist for next year's awards...

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
If you decide to go down the Roksan route, the Mezzo 6 would be a great match (I put a review of them in the 'your opinions' section of the mezzo 6 WHF review page)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
graed:
Hi, in the next few months I will be in the market for a new Amp/CD player and floorstanders. I have heard the CD6SE / 6VS2 combo and was quite impressed but after reading the What hifi review for the K2 combo it looks like a close call. Unfortunately there are no local dealers where I can hear this units. I heard the Cyrus with a pair of Tannoy DC6T's which were great but a bit out of my price range.

Options are B&W 684, Mezzo 6 or MA RS6.............. Help!

Can anyone give me any opinions ???

You need to listen to the stuff as suggested by others. The Roksan K2's sound to bloated through the RS6's. Initially impressive but cloying in the long run, not a good match. The cyrus 6vs2 is seriously underpowered and you'd probably soon want more.

For a balanced system out of the two I'd suggest Roksan's amp and cyrus'es cdp with something like ProAc Studios, perhaps Rega R3 or 5's. Triangle would probably suit well too, as the K2 has exceptionally sweet high frequencies but a slightly loose bass.

hope this helps

When I tested the Kandy LIII and Cyrus 8VS2 with my RS6's both were quite impressive. Both amps have their individual fortes (and weaknesses). The Cyrus was a tad better when it came to vocals, but overall synergie the Kandy had the edge.

Please bare in mind this was undertaken in my living room so it's my own personal take. Please, if possible, listen to them before deciding.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, your probably about the 6vs2 being underpowered, I was already concerned about that and thinking about going for the 8 if i go down the cyrus route but keeping the 6se cd player

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts