Cyrus upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I currently use a cyrus 8 intergrated amp and am thinking of upgrading to the prevs2 with a 6 power anybody have any thoughts whether this is a worth wile upgrade.

thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Completely different. You'll loose the weight and presence of the 8 but gain detail and its more nimble.

If you can't afford the 8power add a psx to your 8. More costeffective and better but you may disagree depending on what you like.

A

Anonymous

I would personally, keep the 8 amp and add an 8 power, you can use the pre-outs of the 8 amp to connect to the 8 power. You've then got the option of bi-amping with the 8 & 8 power. Future upgrade would be to add another 8 Power and run them in mono or stereo and finally upgrade to the PreVS2.

If upgrading this way means you can stretch to an X Power, I'd recommend this route over the 8 Powers.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thaks for the replys,regarding the 8-8 power combo because i have Dynaudio speakers I can't bi-amp.

I have been offered a second hand 6 power at a good price so perhaps I will upgrade that to an 8 power then add a prevs2 selling my 8 amp on ebay

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Understand. It's no secret what I think about cyrus system upgrading and once you get to £1k + you have some heavyweight competition, both valve and ss, some of which in my opinion, greatly outperform anything cyrus does at the price. Still, if you like the looks, sound and potential to add, why not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts