Cyrus 8vs2 Amp Upgrade Path - Any suggestions?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Cyrus 8vs2 amp and thinking about upgrading, what should I consider: - PSX-R power supply or - Cyrus power amp or - ditch the Cyrus and go for a better integrated amp. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A

Anonymous

You could bi amp with an 8 power but this may just be a side step - the next stage up would be using a pre/power such as the pre-vs2 with an X power but again this is an expensive option. Have you thought about changing your CD player, this usually gives a greater improvent and if you're using a cyrus cdp then you can get it upgraded to the latest se versions when they come out?

A

Anonymous

Just noticed you've got an arcam cd player ever concidered changing it to cyrus?

A

Anonymous

I owned this amp a few years ago and added on the PSX unit, kimber mains cable and changed the rectifier diodes to Schottky ones.
Massive improvement.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="heystak"]
- ditch the Cyrus and go for a better integrated amp.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

[/quote]

That will be my way of doing it
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi ...I upgraded my cyrus 8 + psxr with a smartpower plus and another psxr. I am using an Arcan diva 137 with B&w 704's. I am using the system bi-amped and bi -wired

The upgrade to the amp I found fantastic and well worth the money and interestingly I've just added an Isotek G11 vision mains conditioner to the whole system which again has made another huge improvement .My advice would be to get a good dealer to demo the above improvements to you and I am sure you will see what I'm on about.

If you go down this route and you later decide on the pre/power cyrus road, you can always re-use your psxr's on the new system and you will not loose much on selling the old cyrus gear which has great residuals.

I've been amazed at how much of an improvement you can wring out of just a cyrus 8 let alone the possibilities of an 8vs2.

I hope this helps.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="maxheadroom"]my cyrus 8 + psxr with a smartpower plus and another psxr.[/quote]

[quote user="maxheadroom"]interestingly I've just added an Isotek G11 vision mains conditioner [/quote]

for what all that cost you could buy............

but then again if you already a big fan of Cyrus's sound
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Ranglo"]
Just noticed you've got an arcam cd player ever concidered changing it to cyrus?
[/quote]

I demod the Cyrus CDP at the same time as the Acram but found the Cyrus amp & CDP combination to be too bright.

The Cyrus amp with the Arcam CDP sound great but I would like to squeeze as much out of the Cyrus as I can without spending silly money.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="heystak"]
- ditch the Cyrus and go for a better integrated amp.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

[/quote]

That will be my way of doing it
emotion-5.gif

[/quote]
Hi Thaiman - so what would you recommend at the £1200 - £1500 mark?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts