Cyrus 6XPd/8XPd or CA 650A + DacMagic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all!

I plan to buy new amp equipment. Initially, I was considering CA 650A and DacMagic. Then again, perhaps to invest a little bit more and get Cyrus DAC combo.

When think of Cyrus, I do not know wether to choose 6XPd or stronger 8XPd. I will use amp in a room 22m2 (610cm x 360cm), height 2.7m, listening position distance about 3m. Is 40W enough? I would also use this amp to power fronts in Yamaha RXV765 HC setup.

Or to get more affordable CA combination...?

Thanks,

B

A

Anonymous

I'm also thinking about some new Cyrus gear and I believe they have 10% off next week at a dealer in Egham. If I can find out where - I'll post the details here.

A

Anonymous

Just found the website: Cyrus evening is next week 28th Oct at Custom Electronic Design in Egham Surrey. They are offering a prize of £300 towards a Cyrus prod + 10% off. There are "terms" but it doesn't say what they are! Still worth a visit I think.

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Can I suggest a call to Paul at Moorgate acoustics re: the ex-demo Cyrus gear?

The prices are so good, I had my PreXPd shipped to Australia - despite customs!

The "repro" Cyrus gear has been used as demo for a few months, then goes back to the Cyrus factory, is checked etc and repackaged.

Would strongly suggest the 8XPd over the 6XPd.

Cheers,

D

A

Anonymous

Actually I will fly to London next month and I plan to purchase a piece of the gear from the subject. The prices are much better than in my country.

Does anybody know will I have any problems taking on a plane my personal luggage with Cyrus 8XPd packed in it? :)

B

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Bresho:
Actually I will fly to London next month and I plan to purchase a piece of the gear from the subject. The prices are much better than in my country.

Does anybody know will I have any problems taking on a plane my personal luggage with Cyrus 8XPd packed in it? :)

B

As far as customs is concerned, I have no idea. As for taking the box on the plane, the dimensions of a Cyrus box are 56cm x 30cm x 17cm so much better than those of a standard size cd player or amp. Dont forget, not all shops carry stock. Some expect you to order the kit and pick it up later.

A

Anonymous

JamesOK:Bresho:

B

As far as customs is concerned, I have no idea. As for taking the box on the plane, the dimensions of a Cyrus box are 56cm x 30cm x 17cm so much better than those of a standard size cd player or amp. Dont forget, not all shops carry stock. Some expect you to order the kit and pick it up later.

Dimensions are not what I am worried about, rather control before boarding. I do not fly often, so I do not know how current increased threat level reflects on having electronic equipment in personal luggage. Is there a chance that officer will want to do detail check, or standard x-ray will suffice?

A

Anonymous

manicm:40w is more than enough for that size room. And of-course the Cyrus single box solution would be ideal. But which speakers?

I am considering following speakers:

- B&W 684

- Dali IKON 6 or 7

- MS Mezzo 6

- MA Silver RX 6

What is your recommendation from this list? Or any other suggestion? I would like to stick to that budget level...

I would go with floor-standers because I will use them for HC fronts (Yamaha "pre-outed" to Cyrus).

In meantime I have my old Tannoy R1s.

B

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts