Cyrus 6 XPd v CA Evo 150

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
currently have Cyrus 6 XPd, Project Debut Pro, Rega Fono, Neat Iota speakers and REL TZero mini subwoofer but looking to declutter. Like the look of the CA especially its connections and the streaming options but would the sound be an upgrade on the Cyrus

currently have Cyrus 6 XPd, Project Debut Pro, Rega Fono, Neat Iota speakers and REL TZero mini subwoofer but looking to declutter. Like the look of the CA especially its connections and the streaming options but would the sound be an upgrade on the Cyrus
I feel , with your speakers, only you can answer that one.
Do you need all the inputs it offers?

I would add this one into the mix. Leema sound great with Neat speakers. I demoed RX2 earlier this year.

And this company offers a 14 days returns

Reactions: Al ears

Gray

....but would the sound be an upgrade on the Cyrus
As already stated, you alone can decide on that.
I'm a fan of the lively Cyrus sound.
We don't place too much importance on paper specs but even so, the Evo is rated at more than 3 times your Cyrus wattage - so should sound even more lively.

If nothing else you might save a few quid on energy bills with the Evo.

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
the connectivity is good for me as I have both a pc and Mac mini I need to connect and with the CA having a TT input can remove need for the Rega Fono and can still attach subwoofer as well. I still have my Cyrus CD player as well
Have seen it for a good deal and just waiting to pull the trigger on it

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
1 month update- after a lot of listening to different sources- vinyl, cd, streams and stored media, the Evo surpasses the Cyrus in spades. The remote is a bit basic but the phone app is good and easy to use.
Very happy camper with the upgrade- especially as I got the Evo 150 for 1999 new

1 month update- after a lot of listening to different sources- vinyl, cd, streams and stored media, the Evo surpasses the Cyrus in spades. The remote is a bit basic but the phone app is good and easy to use.
Very happy camper with the upgrade- especially as I got the Evo 150 for 1999 new
Always good to hear how things turned out. Glad you’re delighted. The Evo is a serious piece of kit, and I love the styling.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I'd be a little bit concerned about having all my eggs in one basket.
But it is a nice looking basket - and I wouldn't say no to one :)

Glad you're happy and the discount was the icing on the cake.
Actually, if it beats the Cyrus sound.....that's the icing (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts