Question CXA vs EVO

Take1

May 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have interning question for you.

What have better sound quality? Cambridge CXA 81 + CXN V2 streamer or all in one Evo 75/150?

And which are you pick and why?
Bang, cambridge duel..

insider9

I'm not sure how many of us here heard any of the Evo range. But I can answer your last question by saying neither without knowing what speakers they're supposed to drive. Isolated comparisons like that without the context of listener's habits/needs and understanding the rest of the systems are not helpful.

Are you considering an upgrade from CXA 81 + CXN V2 ? Or are you upgrading your system and wonder whether to go with one or the other? The more specifics you can give the better the advice you can get. But that wouldn't be me as I've no direct experience of any of mentioned units. I'm sure the rest of guys and girls will chip in.

Take1

May 5, 2021
Visit site
I'm just wondering about comparison with EVO. And wondering what you guys prefer...

Actually I have CXA 81 with BW 606. I'm really happy with that. And thinking about buying CXN V2, because I'm listening lots of streaming... Literally I'll be very surprised when Evo be better than that duo...

It’ll be different for sure, if for no other reason than the Hypex amplifiers in the Evo will have a different presentation to the traditional CXA design.

The Evo looks very slick from the video presentation I’ve seen, and more of a lifestyle product than the more conventional one you own.

manicm

Hi guys,
I have interning question for you.

What have better sound quality? Cambridge CXA 81 + CXN V2 streamer or all in one Evo 75/150?

And which are you pick and why?
Bang, cambridge duel..

Very very simple answer, yet again. In an interview with CA, right here on WHF you have your answer, if you haven’t read may I oblige:

No, CA admits it won’t claim the EVO will sound better than the equivalent set of CX separates, but will come damn near close. And I suspect it may even beat a CXA 61 based system. Also, if it matters to you, the CXN does not do MQA.

I wouldn’t worry too much if you want lay your cash.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts