Customer service

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
After posting on another thread about Creek's customer service I thought I'd elaborate as I am really impressed with the service they give.

I bought a refurbished Destiny amp, after looking around for a phono stage I found that all the plug in cards would fit every other amp apart from the original Destiny. So on the off chance I phoned Creek who supplied within a couple of days a modified card (actually modified twice) for the price of a standard card and emailed full fitting instructions with photos.

On the strength of this I recently bought matching refurbished CD player unfortunately it started failing to read discs. It was picked up on Monday afternoon by courier and back on Thursday with a new mechanism.

Sorry for such a long post but I just felt I had to give praise where its due.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Top service. Others could learn from this.

I think it's often the case that small companies offer better service.

When they grow that (important) aspect is often pushed down the order. The usual thing is to put 'authorized' dealers in as a buffer zone through which customers have to deal.

I understand that to some extent as running a whole customer service department is expensive but something usually has to give.

The further you remove the customer from the source of the product the smaller becomes product association.

Thing is, if Creek would sell as much as Naim, Rega, Cyrus or, at the other end, Yamaha etc they'd go the same way.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
grimharry said:
After posting on another thread about Creek's customer service I thought I'd elaborate as I am really impressed with the service they give.

I bought a refurbished Destiny amp, after looking around for a phono stage I found that all the plug in cards would fit every other amp apart from the original Destiny. So on the off chance I phoned Creek who supplied within a couple of days a modified card (actually modified twice) for the price of a standard card and emailed full fitting instructions with photos. 

On the strength of this I recently bought matching refurbished CD player unfortunately it started failing to read discs. It was picked up on Monday afternoon by courier and back on Thursday with a new mechanism. 

Sorry for such a long post but I just felt I had to give  praise where its due. 

That is great service
Some companies ive dealt with take days to return simple emails.
some dont even reply at all.

drummerman said:
Top service. Others could learn from this.

I think it's often the case that small companies offer better service.

When they grow that (important) aspect is often pushed down the order. The usual thing is to put 'authorized' dealers in as a buffer zone through which customers have to deal.

I understand that to some extent as running a whole customer service department is expensive but something usually has to give.

The further you remove the customer from the source of the product the smaller becomes product association.

Thing is, if Creek would sell as much as Naim, Rega, Cyrus or, at the other end, Yamaha etc they'd go the same way.

+1 Exactly the problem. It is possible to sell too much.

I am lucky enough to live not 10 miles from where my amps are produced, in smallish numbers, hence customer service is brilliant even to the point of knowing the name of the chap that is going to fix / modify it for me.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

The same could be said for Arcam too, there customer service is excellent.

grimharry said:

Sorry for such a long post but I just felt I had to give praise where its due.

Hi grimharry

Good to hear and it's partly because of Creek's excellent back up that we recently chose to also support them.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
eggontoast said:
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

+1 for Arcam, very quick to respond with excellent help/advice

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
knaithrover said:
eggontoast said:

me too Arcam has great customer service.cyrus nooooooo. Terribly.i actually sold my Cyrus because of there customer service

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
knaithrover said:
eggontoast said:

me too Arcam has great customer service.cyrus nooooooo. Terribly.i actually sold my Cyrus because of there customer service

+1 for my experience of Cyrus. Terrible customer service. The fault was with my house, not the product apparently...

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
knaithrover said:
eggontoast said:

+1 for my experience of Cyrus. Terrible customer service. The fault was with my house, not the product apparently...
*LOL*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts