• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Customer service

grimharry

New member
Aug 2, 2015
11
0
0
After posting on another thread about Creek's customer service I thought I'd elaborate as I am really impressed with the service they give.

I bought a refurbished Destiny amp, after looking around for a phono stage I found that all the plug in cards would fit every other amp apart from the original Destiny. So on the off chance I phoned Creek who supplied within a couple of days a modified card (actually modified twice) for the price of a standard card and emailed full fitting instructions with photos.

On the strength of this I recently bought matching refurbished CD player unfortunately it started failing to read discs. It was picked up on Monday afternoon by courier and back on Thursday with a new mechanism.

Sorry for such a long post but I just felt I had to give praise where its due.
 

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
Top service. Others could learn from this.

I think it's often the case that small companies offer better service.

When they grow that (important) aspect is often pushed down the order. The usual thing is to put 'authorized' dealers in as a buffer zone through which customers have to deal.

I understand that to some extent as running a whole customer service department is expensive but something usually has to give.

The further you remove the customer from the source of the product the smaller becomes product association.

Thing is, if Creek would sell as much as Naim, Rega, Cyrus or, at the other end, Yamaha etc they'd go the same way.
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
grimharry said:
After posting on another thread about Creek's customer service I thought I'd elaborate as I am really impressed with the service they give.

I bought a refurbished Destiny amp, after looking around for a phono stage I found that all the plug in cards would fit every other amp apart from the original Destiny. So on the off chance I phoned Creek who supplied within a couple of days a modified card (actually modified twice) for the price of a standard card and emailed full fitting instructions with photos. 

On the strength of this I recently bought matching refurbished CD player unfortunately it started failing to read discs. It was picked up on Monday afternoon by courier and back on Thursday with a new mechanism. 

Sorry for such a long post but I just felt I had to give  praise where its due. 
That is great service
Some companies ive dealt with take days to return simple emails.
some dont even reply at all.
 

Al ears

Moderator
drummerman said:
Top service. Others could learn from this.

I think it's often the case that small companies offer better service.

When they grow that (important) aspect is often pushed down the order. The usual thing is to put 'authorized' dealers in as a buffer zone through which customers have to deal.

I understand that to some extent as running a whole customer service department is expensive but something usually has to give.

The further you remove the customer from the source of the product the smaller becomes product association.

Thing is, if Creek would sell as much as Naim, Rega, Cyrus or, at the other end, Yamaha etc they'd go the same way.
+1 Exactly the problem. It is possible to sell too much.

I am lucky enough to live not 10 miles from where my amps are produced, in smallish numbers, hence customer service is brilliant even to the point of knowing the name of the chap that is going to fix / modify it for me.
 

eggontoast

Well-known member
Feb 23, 2011
451
9
18,895
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

The same could be said for Arcam too, there customer service is excellent.
 

MUSICRAFT

Well-known member
grimharry said:
After posting on another thread about Creek's customer service I thought I'd elaborate as I am really impressed with the service they give.

I bought a refurbished Destiny amp, after looking around for a phono stage I found that all the plug in cards would fit every other amp apart from the original Destiny. So on the off chance I phoned Creek who supplied within a couple of days a modified card (actually modified twice) for the price of a standard card and emailed full fitting instructions with photos.

On the strength of this I recently bought matching refurbished CD player unfortunately it started failing to read discs. It was picked up on Monday afternoon by courier and back on Thursday with a new mechanism.

Sorry for such a long post but I just felt I had to give praise where its due.
Hi grimharry

Good to hear and it's partly because of Creek's excellent back up that we recently chose to also support them.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
 

knaithrover

Moderator
Nov 24, 2013
193
75
18,670
eggontoast said:
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

The same could be said for Arcam too, there customer service is excellent.
+1 for Arcam, very quick to respond with excellent help/advice
 

seemorebtts

Well-known member
Feb 2, 2013
66
0
18,540
knaithrover said:
eggontoast said:
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

The same could be said for Arcam too, there customer service is excellent.
+1 for Arcam, very quick to respond with excellent help/advice
me too Arcam has great customer service.cyrus nooooooo. Terribly.i actually sold my Cyrus because of there customer service
 

drummerman

New member
Jan 18, 2008
540
1
0
Cyrus user. Never had to use their repair service but once enquired about a few bits and bobs. Return email the following day.
 

Gazzip

New member
Jan 15, 2011
88
0
0
seemorebtts said:
knaithrover said:
eggontoast said:
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

The same could be said for Arcam too, there customer service is excellent.
+1 for Arcam, very quick to respond with excellent help/advice
me too Arcam has great customer service.cyrus nooooooo. Terribly.i actually sold my Cyrus because of there customer service
+1 for my experience of Cyrus. Terrible customer service. The fault was with my house, not the product apparently...
 

seemorebtts

Well-known member
Feb 2, 2013
66
0
18,540
Gazzip said:
seemorebtts said:
knaithrover said:
eggontoast said:
The last time I contacted Creek they were excellent, Mike Creek himself delt with me, very helpful indeed.

The same could be said for Arcam too, there customer service is excellent.
+1 for Arcam, very quick to respond with excellent help/advice
me too Arcam has great customer service.cyrus nooooooo. Terribly.i actually sold my Cyrus because of there customer service
+1 for my experience of Cyrus. Terrible customer service. The fault was with my house, not the product apparently...
*LOL*
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS