CURRYS VS DIXONS PRICE MATCH

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anybody had any success getting curry's to price match dixons on line prices? we've just purchased a samsung LE37r88BD. Travelled to 3 stores, none would price match the online price from dixons, would only honour their own online price. The staff were ill informed, young, and had no idea about any level of customer service. We had cash to spend and they weren't interested! So we ordered from dixons, missed out on free delivery by a day (website changed overnite!). We did it over the phone from a very nice man who even offered us a saturday / sunday delivery at no extra charge! Anyone else had the same experience?

A

Anonymous

Anytime I go into either Comet and Currys, I ask them basic questions about a TV, already knowing the answer myself just to see if anyone in these stores does have any brains and true to form they only come out with one out of 5 stars . One poor chap the other weekend in my local store asked a store assistant in Currys whether or not a particular LCD had better motion handling compared to a recognised Plasma display and was told that a 37ins Philips LCD outperformed the Pioneer PDP4270XD. On hearing this I was livid and duly approached the old boy who was with his young child and told him not to buy the inferior Philips because the assistant had told him a load of twaddle.............I mean where do they get these people from.......they're absolutlely useless which is why I feel it is important to buy the 'WHAT' Mags to arm yourslef with as much information as possible, make a shortlist, and go and see/hear fopr yourself, and them make your own decision.........but whatever you do, don't go the advice of these store assistants in Comet or Currys.........My god, to think they actually get paid for their roles. Yikes!

A

Anonymous

PS: A cross may deter the vampire from biting you int the neck, but please bear in mind that a WHAT-HIFI Sound & Vision Magazine also has the effect of warding off these store assistants when you walk into the shop with the Magazine of full display in your hands. They seem to shun away if they see this, because I guess most of them feel you will either ask them a question, you know, but they don't which can be a bit embarrassing don't you think?

A

Anonymous

Their main problem is they have no passion. If i would belittle myself enough to go for a job in currrys, I would run the franchise within a few months. Please bear in mind the currys, dixons, pc world is a group. You are giving your money to the same business, regardless of which you buy from.

LeeBishop

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tallyho"]
PS: A cross may deter the vampire from biting you int the neck, but please bear in mind that a WHAT-HIFI Sound & Vision Magazine also has the effect of warding off these store assistants when you walk into the shop with the Magazine of full display in your hands. They seem to shun away if they see this, because I guess most of them feel you will either ask them a question, you know, but they don't which can be a bit embarrassing don't you think?

[/quote]

so true, one assistant was giving my step dad the full on BS chat about there amazing four way adapters and how it helps with power surges etc etc, i swooped down like Blade and beat him with my what hifi magazine, he soon gave up when i showed him the poor 2 stars that it had recieved!!!

A

Anonymous

My mother and father in law went to currys to purchase a DAB portable, before they knew of my secret obsession. I had read the reviews in the mag that came out only a week before, so I was a secret "expert" on the subject. I bit my tongue to see what the salemen would say about their pathetic line up. My father in law was quick to pick the Roberts radio finished in red leather, but the salesman was intent on selling them what can only be described as a pile of CR^P. He asked if he could listen to it, to see how it performed to compare the two. The salesmans response was as predictable as ever; "I don't think so" i was half expecting to be followed by "I will have to ask my supervisor". But no, he said the reception within the store would be poor, as it would be in a massive steel cage. So my father in law asked if he could bring it back if it was not up to the standard he expected, what followed from the salesman is what could only be decribed as a grunt, and a head shake. To which my father in laws response was, "well if your going to be like that, im taking my money elsewhere". I then directed them to the hifi shop on the high street, he was happy to demonstrate a DAB radio in his store, knowing that the reception would be poor. He even offered to play an external source on the player to demo its capabilities. And to cap it off he was willing to allow them to return it if they were not happy.

A

Anonymous

Maybe we should start a personal shopping service? We could get paid for helping people who know nothing about hi-fi to not get caught out or fleeced!

A

Anonymous

I reckon we should all get jobs at Currys. As a sales assistant assistant. We are just to provide the advice they all need to hear. 'Go shop somewhere else'.

A

Anonymous

We wouldn't get Jobs at Currys........Why?.........Because we know too much!

Anyhow.........suggest we all stop going to the ODEON and fron now on just go along to Will Harris' instead!

£7.50 for a Ticket at my local Cinema............Can you beat this Will?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Have to say the funniest email I have had in ages was one the other day from the acting manager of one of the out of town hangar chains who asked if we could arrange to have a copy of WHFSV sent to them free each month as it would help them a lot to sell things to people.

I sent back an email with the web address of our subscription service.

A

Anonymous

Legend Andrew. And Guys you're all welcome round at mine, just give me till the weekend to get the new gear hooked up and tell you how it sounds. Then, from next week, movie nights for all those in W14 are on me :)

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Dont forget that according to the Salespeople in Currys et'al that you should not buy a Plasma as it will need RE-GASSING in a year or so. I never knew a Plasma was a Air-Conditioning unit,Now where is that tap to Re-Gas it????????

A

Anonymous

The best buy is from dixons.co.uk, it is priced currently at £599.99 but if you use code DISC01, you get it for £584 with free delivery ! Strange as currys is £689.99 (you can get it down to £617 with discount codes) as they are the same company!

A

Anonymous

YES...I am picking up a Samsung PS42Q96HDX same as PS32Q97HDX from Currys for £699 this Saturday as I told them I could get it at Dixons online for the same price instead of Currys shop price at £949.00

Same day Saturday delivery though will cost me £40.00

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts