Currys/Comet TV Model Numbers?!?

stonehound

May 2, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully someone can help with this.

I went to Currys/Comet at the weekend to have a look at a few Samsung TVs (PS50B650 / LE40B550 / LE37B550) that have been reviewed by WHSAV but could not find these actual models. I did see several other Samsungs but didn't recognise any of the model nrs from any reviews that I've read either in the mag or on other websites. I wondered if these two retailers used their own model refs and if so how could I check what the corresponding models are?!?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
They may have old or discontinued stock they still need to clear. Also, store like Dixons/Comet etc get the same TV's as everyone else, but sometimes have very slightly different model numbers exclusive to them, which means they're not eligible for price matching.

A

Anonymous

For most Samsung TVs at Currys, just replace the 0 on the end of the model with a 1. EG, 40B551.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi stonehound

Yes, it is very confusing as some of the big retailers do insist on slightly different versions of popular TV models so the exact model numbers will vary. Samsung, in particular, tends to do this and create numerous different versions for different stores.

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Off the question a little but PLAY.COM have the LE40B550 for 399.99 today only 09/03/10. Plus Quidco off if you use.

Oh and the review from WHSV is GR8T

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts