50 inch tv advice

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
im just about to take a trip down to rs to have a look at there 50 inch range.i currently have a panasinic 42px80b and im very happy with it.so i want to have a look at the s/g10 models witch i think retail for about £900 to £950 and have pretty good write ups at the price point.

i would like to stick with plasma as to me it always looks better.but rs do sell some other sets i think samsung and lg i have no idea what these panels are like so wouldnt mind hearing from any one who has or knows someone with one of these sets(sorry dont have model numbers write now)

i would go for full hd but i no thats not the be all and end all and a good hd ready set could look better than a bad full hd set so im not counting hd ready out

i no most people will tell me to go and give it a good demo but any one whos used rs will no thats not always an option so as much input on performane of these panels would be apreciated oh and £900 is just about my top whack so any of the real hi end set are out but as long as it matches my current set for performance i will be happy.

A

Anonymous

The 50G10 is better than the S10 and not a lot of difference in price. G10 has latest neo-PDP panel, better blacks, contrast, greys and colours, 600hz processing plus of course the extra Freesat tuner with HD channels.

Or if you dont need full 1080p there is the 50X10 for around £700.

Check out too the LG 50PS8000, top of the range LG model, with THX picture modes for near perfect colours "out of the box". Around £950.

A

Anonymous

yes the lg is said to be very good , id also look at the samsung b650 , b850 plasmas ...

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
thanx for your input guys im having a bit of trouble seeing these sets at the minute only been able to see one lg on display.thay have all the sets in stock but not on the shopfloor gonna try another branch tomorrow and see if i have more luck

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Is keeping your current TV for normal use and getting a full HD projector instead a possibility? Something like the Optoma HD20 fit your price point, and will allow a picture more suited to the audio you're getting from your system for movies and games. Unless you're not much of a movie fan of course.

I don't see the point of you buying another plasma for £900 when you're perfectly happy with the one you've got. I'd rather put the money into something that will transform the system, rather than make it look slightly different.

Messiah

FrankHarveyHiFi:

I don't see the point of you buying another plasma for £900 when you're perfectly happy with the one you've got. I'd rather put the money into something that will transform the system, rather than make it look slightly different.

I'm with David on this one. If you are very happy with your curent TV why spend another £900 odd quid on another??

A projector is a different proposition though. Theres nothing like watching a 10ft plus picture!

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
would love a projector but im renting my house right now so im trying to avoid fixing to much to the walls and ceilings and its going to be a couple of years till i buy

to be honist after spending a couple of days looking at sets in my price range i might hold off for 6months and see what happens its not that the pictures are bad on the sets im looking at i just dont think thay are much better than my set

not to warent spending £900 odd to go from 42-50 inch

i will have another look in the week but im feeling like i will keep an eye on the panasonicg10and if it drops another £100 or so i might snap it up or just see what the next generation of sets are like

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
but then again dont be suprised if in a couple of weeks im posting a thread saying what hdmi should i get for my projector(that should be fun)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We're counting down the minutes.......
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts