TV model numbers

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I know this issue has been touched on in earlier posts so excuse me if this has been suggested before. Would it not be a good idea to have a table of tv model numbers showing all the different model numbers given to each tv? The thing is, I took a list of five star rated 32" tvs into Comet the other day in the hope of reviewing a few of the WHF top rated screens but I came out rather more confused than when I went in (which is some feat). I couldn't find a single tv, of any make, that had the same model number as any of the ones listed by WHF. I was going to ask one of the members of staff but I'm not the sort of chap that can handle sales patter, if you know what I mean. I like to browse and take time to consider things without any interference (call me unsociable...).

Anyway. is there such a list? If not, what d'yall reckon about getting one started?

P.S. I'm assuming, of course, that Comet do actually stock some the tvs rated by WHF, and that they weren't all different models.

A

Anonymous

probably just bad timing , many tvs from last year are scarce , as are some of this years new models , also , dixons , currys , maybe comet often have tvs with different model numbers to the same , mainstream model , that often confuses people ..

the new tvs are rolling out over the next few months , it might be an idea to check availability next time over the phone ..

they probably wont try the sales patter on the phone
emotion-5.gif

for example theres a samsung 40b550 , b551 and b530 , they are the same tv bar minor cosmetic tweaks ..

A

Anonymous

What models are you looking for?Would recommend looking at a local M&S technology department as we still have most of last years models on display.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
for example theres a samsung 40b550 , b551 and b530 , they are the same tv bar minor cosmetic tweaks ..

The 550 and the 551 are the same model apart from, as you say some cosmetic tweaks. However, the 530 is an entirely different proposition. It uses a different panel with much higher levels of back-light bleed and poorer viewing angles, and has less connectivity (2 HDMIs as opposed to 3, and only a single Scart connection).

The 530 has been released to some retailers as a cut-down, sell by the bucket-load model (which actually works because the majority of punters look at two things - brand and price).

TRENDING THREADS