Crossloading a 1ohm stable amplifier...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinatedeggeater

BANNED
Nov 25, 2021
Visit site
I would respectfully say to you that If you think the people on this hi-fi forum lack knowledge, I've got a suggestion for you.
Start a thread on any other hi-fi forum.
Importantly, word your question exactly as you did here.
Then see what replies you get.
Go on, give it a try 👍
I expect people to be knowledgeable.. if not I go elsewhere, but people don't say they don't know, they try to make fun of the OP or say they are at fault for something.

In the context of this discussion, a speaker is a speaker regardless of it being for bass, mids or highs.. it is a speaker.
OHM rating apply across the board.. what is the issue again other than people creating issues where there was never an issue?

You managed it.. so why you trying to brigade against me?

I am argumentative, I love a debate and an argument, that's my personality, but sometimes I understand people are too dumb to even debate with due to self limitations., conform, don't lose face and side with me, I get it, go do what helps your standing and ego.

Again thanks for your answer before though where all of this was not in light and you thought with your brain logically.

shadders

Hi,
Crossloading is not an electrical or electronic engineering term.

I searched using Google and two references in 3 pages, and in those references it was mentioned, but no explanation of what crossloading is.

Ohm rating does not apply across the board as a 4ohm speaker can have an impedance dip to 3ohms or lower, and much higher impedances at other frequencies.

No one is against you, but you may have to accept that in engineering circles, crossloading is not used.

If you have a reference of crossloading and details of what it means, you could post that here for people to help you.

Regards,
Shadders,

caffeinatedeggeater

BANNED
Nov 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
Crossloading is not an electrical or electronic engineering term.

I searched using Google and two references in 3 pages, and in those references it was mentioned, but no explanation of what crossloading is.

Ohm rating does not apply across the board as a 4ohm speaker can have an impedance dip to 3ohms or lower, and much higher impedances at other frequencies.

No one is against you, but you may have to accept that in engineering circles, crossloading is not used.

If you have a reference of crossloading and details of what it means, you could post that here for people to help you.

Regards,
Shadders,
"Terminology came from the idea that the speaker has the final say on what load is squeezed from an amp, so 2 different OHM rated speakers is actually a cross-load as it is loaded across 2 different OHM ratings and the final amp load is adjusted from there.

This is made up on the spot but seems the best go-to terminology. "

This was mentioned in an earlier post.

I have no formal education in engineering, I never even paid real attention in school I also had no clue the forum required one, this is use of fluid intellect where we create bridges using terminology.

The terminology for such a thing does not exist as you have correctly backed up, I mentioned my reasoning for using it.

Yes I am aware OHM is not a static thing, neither are watts... it is however useful when I am saying a "1 OHM & 2 OHM speaker" because this implies the ratings they are rated for, which is telling us an easier way rather than explaining the complexities that not everyone wants to read over and over again or even comprehends.

This is the best use of intellect too because it helps people to understand more excruciatingly detailed topics easier.

At this point you specialize into the career or avenue of education you want. Requires passion and interest.

Gray

... so why you trying to brigade against me?
I'm really not.
As it happens, I just checked through all the forum titles on 'AV Forums'.
They cover a wide range of AV categories but.....not a mention of car audio - perhaps you should ask yourself why that is.
Surely there must be car audio forums, where you'd find people expecting questions about 1 ohm speakers.
If you do ask your question on other hi-fi forums, best not to tell them they lack knowledge - knowledge specific to car audio.
(They won't all be as polite as the people here).

caffeinatedeggeater

BANNED
Nov 25, 2021
Visit site
I'm really not.
As it happens, I just checked through all the forum titles on 'AV Forums'.
They cover a wide range of AV categories but.....not a mention of car audio - perhaps you should ask yourself why that is.
Surely there must be car audio forums, where you'd find people expecting questions about 1 ohm speakers.
If you do ask your question on other hi-fi forums, best not to tell them they lack knowledge - knowledge specific to car audio.
(They won't all be as polite as the people here).
But they do lack knowledge.. why is this attached to peoples ego?

If you can't understand the fundamental basics of audio then you clearly lack knowledge regardless of the nit pics of using 12v source and impedance.. impedance is still there with home audio, it just holds your hand more as the creators assume people are stupid and lazy, so what is wrong with my assumption?

I don't care about the fakery of politeness if it hides truth, your stupid feelings because you can't comprehend what you lack.

I will take your advice.

Bye.

shadders

"Terminology came from the idea that the speaker has the final say on what load is squeezed from an amp, so 2 different OHM rated speakers is actually a cross-load as it is loaded across 2 different OHM ratings and the final amp load is adjusted from there.

This is made up on the spot but seems the best go-to terminology. "

This was mentioned in an earlier post.

I have no formal education in engineering, I never even paid real attention in school I also had no clue the forum required one, this is use of fluid intellect where we create bridges using terminology.

The terminology for such a thing does not exist as you have correctly backed up, I mentioned my reasoning for using it.

Yes I am aware OHM is not a static thing, neither are watts... it is however useful when I am saying a "1 OHM & 2 OHM speaker" because this implies the ratings they are rated for, which is telling us an easier way rather than explaining the complexities that not everyone wants to read over and over again or even comprehends.

This is the best use of intellect too because it helps people to understand more excruciatingly detailed topics easier.

At this point you specialize into the career or avenue of education you want. Requires passion and interest.
Hi,
Unless you know the impedance curves versus frequency for the speakers/drivers, then the impedance could be lower than 1ohm or 2ohms for each speaker/driver.

You question was connecting a 1ohm and 2ohm load together, what is the final impedance.

In series it is 3ohms.

In parallel it is 0.6666ohms.

Regards,
Shadders.

caffeinatedeggeater

BANNED
Nov 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
Unless you know the impedance curves versus frequency for the speakers/drivers, then the impedance could be lower than 1ohm or 2ohms for each speaker/driver.

You question was connecting a 1ohm and 2ohm load together, what is the final impedance.

In series it is 3ohms.

In parallel it is 0.6666ohms.

Regards,
Shadders.
Correct, and this is done at the factory they are made if they are created within spec.
The creator assumes we are all dumb, in this regard, good use of caution.

You don't have power over me, I am an adult with a mind of my own thank you.

Is Tinman the only representative of this place?
The moderator got silenced in PM.
If so I would suggest reality for a bit, may help to loosen up those rusted neurons a bit.
A fact is that the internet is a hive mind, you end up in a box conforming to what makes you feel comfortable.

I am glad to have caused a disturbance. I did it without doing it, just my presence.
I think enough is enough, you were warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts