CreekEvoCDPlayer CreekEvoAmplifier EposM12iLoudspeakers?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hi all, im currently in the process of trading in a meridian f80 at my local hi-fi store, but the guy who i,m dealing with is on holiday but he's promised me i can trade in the f80 for a seperates system if i like. obviousley i would'nt be able to trade in for something of a similer price but one of their suggested sytems for around the £1, 515 mark is the creek set-up with epos m12i speakers? could someone tell me what kind of presentation this would be? ie: bright or warm sounding. basically wouldnt mind paying that bit extra if the creek system sound great. sorry, im not an expert on hi-fi, still learning but desperatly want great sounding system for the money. i listen to a lot of rock, jazz amd easy listening type stuff, and my listening room would probably come under the small to med type size. thanks.

A

Anonymous

I own a Creek Evo amp, and have owned the Evo CDP and the Epos M12.2 as well.

The sound is lean, fast and a bit harsh when pushed too hard. But at reasonable volume the sound is very sweet and musical. With rhythmic music (pop, jazz, some rock) they shine. Some classical music works fine too.

If you like the PRaT thing you will love them. Epos speakers have a very particular sound. I think either you love them or hate them. Me, I both love them and hate them!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Definitely worth an audition. I'm a big fan of the Epos sound, although as one of the above posters mentioned, it's not to everyone's taste.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
could any of you guys tell me if i would be taking a backward step in sound quality if i ditched the meridian f80 for the creek and epos set-up?

A

Anonymous

gooner26:could any of you guys tell me if i would be taking a backward step in sound quality if i ditched the meridian f80 for the creek and epos set-up?

I haven't heard the F80, but it's just an iPod dock, no matter how expensive it is. The Creek/Epos system will sound a lot better.

A

Anonymous

l haven't heard the F80 either, though l am the new owner of a Creek Evo cd & amp.

These drive a pair of Epos M5i's, with DNM cables. The common theme running through the thread is the presentation being fast, detailed, & to some, a little lean.

Certainly, if you like this type of presentation it will work well for you, for me it's spot on & can't see it as a backward step.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts