Creek Evolution 50a Remote Control

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I have just got the Creek Evolution 50A Amplifier - anyone else got one ?

I cannot work out how to select different line inputs from the Remote?

The manual usefully says "The operation of the remote is designed to be intuitive, so we don't intend to describe its functions in great detail here" - what a cop out !

I tried the Sel Up/Down arrows but this does not work. I tried keying the "1" key for Line 1 etc but this did not work either - any ideas ?

CRE-2203585.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I took delivery of a new one yesterday, and I've been giving it a real good workout since. I'm loving it so far, but there again I've had Creek amps before and know how good they are.

Anyway in answer to your question. Press the blue AMP button on the second line of buttons, and then use the blue SEL button to navigate the inputs.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
I took delivery of a new one yesterday, and I've been giving it a real good workout since. I'm loving it so far, but there again I've had Creek amps before and know how good they are.

Anyway in answer to your question. Press the blue AMP button on the second line of buttons, and then use the blue SEL button to navigate the inputs.

We want a review.

At least 8000 words :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
DIB said:

We want a review.

Ha! I only know about 10 words, might be a struggle.

One thing I can tell you that I really like about Creek amps (not just this model, the older versions too) is that the gain is very gradual, making it easy to get just the right volume level. This is particularly important for me. This year I have tried several different amps ( Marantz, NAD, Yamaha, and even a NVA passive/power combo ) and the problem with all of them was the big jumps with each turn of the dial. From too quiet to too loud far too quickly ( too many too's there!)

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much for that advice - works a treat .....

...so much for the remote being so intuitive they don't need to explain it in the manual ! (Wonder how many support calls they have had about this?)

...the reason I didn't twig this is that Mute and Volume Up / Down work without pressing the Amp button first. Am I right in thinking only the blue buttons on the remote work with the amp ?

Also I run with the display off - is there a button on the remote to wake up the display (without pressing the Volume keys)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Using the DIM button on the remote changes the display between LOW, MEDIUM, and FULL. If you want the display completely off then use the MENU button, DISPLAY SETTINGS and go from there.

ps. I rather like the display on this amp

DIB said:
drummerman said:
DIB said:

We want a review.

Ha! I only know about 10 words, might be a struggle.

One thing I can tell you that I really like about Creek amps (not just this model, the older versions too) is that the gain is very gradual, making it easy to get just the right volume level. This is particularly important for me. This year I have tried several different amps ( Marantz, NAD, Yamaha, and even a NVA passive/power combo ) and the problem with all of them was the big jumps with each turn of the dial. From too quiet to too loud far too quickly ( too many too's there!)

A pair of attenuators, therefore, might have been a cheaper purchase ;-)

Nice to see such a sensible colour-coded design on the remote.

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I also got my new Creek 50A yesterday - what an outstanding amp.

For about the last 10 years I ran a Creek 4330 amp. Mainly been left on for this time so I thought it was time I upgraded. The 50A has more punch and at the moment I am totally bowled over by new purchase!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
theadmans said:
I also got my new Creek 50A yesterday - what an outstanding amp.

For about the last 10 years I ran a Creek 4330 amp. Mainly been left on for this time so I thought it was time I upgraded. The 50A has more punch and at the moment I am totally bowled over by new purchase!
I hope you enjoy the new one as long as the outgoing one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts