Creating album in window media player help required

jarvis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have many single tracks by the same artist etc and would like to clean up my playlist by creating compilation albums in the media player not just on disc's

This maybe a simple task although after about an hour of google searches it seems many others have the same problem mainly due to changes to later versions of WMP

If I was to burn tracks to a CD, delete the files from the PC then rip the CD back onto the computer would the tracks stay under the title of the album or would they be seen as seperate files/songs

Sorry if its a dumb question but I'm new to this.

Any advice or help apreciated

A

Anderson

jarvis said:
I have many single tracks by the same artist etc and would like to clean up my playlist by creating compilation albums in the media player not just on disc's

This maybe a simple task although after about an hour of google searches it seems many others have the same problem mainly due to changes to later versions of WMP

If I was to burn tracks to a CD, delete the files from the PC then rip the CD back onto the computer would the tracks stay under the title of the album or would they be seen as seperate files/songs

Select the tracks you wont to modify in Windows Media Player, right click and choose 'Find album info'.

You'll see something like this, click on the highlighted yellow bit.

After you click edit you'll see this, here is where you change the album details to whatever you want, you can also go ahead and clean up the Artist details too if you like.

qLUdi6Q.png

Just to add, this tends not to ne an exact science you may have to fiddle with it a bit but it's easy once you get the hang of it.

jarvis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Anderson said:
jarvis said:

Select the tracks you wont to modify in Windows Media Player, right click and choose 'Find album info'.

After you click edit you'll see this, here is where you change the album details to whatever you want, you can also go ahead and clean up the Artist details too if you like.

Just to add, this tends not to ne an exact science you may have to fiddle with it a bit but it's easy once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for replying but thats not what I really wanted, sure it puts them together although it still leaves the tracks as individual songs.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well

If I have all the songs from an album, or artist as individual tracks it lists them all seperately, where as if you rip a CD it lists the CD as one item on the list. This is how I would like all my music to appear in the library, it didn;t seem to much to ask of the player but apparently its not so simple

abacus

Once you have sorted the tracks into Album, Artist etc. (This is what happens automatically when you rip a CD) you can go into the library, click organize, and list the tracks as you want. (If you want to view the tracks of a specific album, just click on Album in the drop down list)

Hope this helps

Bill

A

Anderson

jarvis said:
Anderson said:
jarvis said:

Thanks for replying but thats not what I really wanted, sure it puts them together although it still leaves the tracks as individual songs.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well

If I have all the songs from an album, or artist as individual tracks it lists them all seperately, where as if you rip a CD it lists the CD as one item on the list. This is how I would like all my music to appear in the library, it didn;t seem to much to ask of the player but apparently its not so simple

Oh right, well... I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for but if you hold down the ALT key in the keyboard you'll get a menu appear at the top of WMP. There's a view option I believe that will let you sort your music however you like.

I have to say I'm really not sure what you're after lol :)

jarvis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
abacus said:
Once you have sorted the tracks into Album, Artist etc. (This is what happens automatically when you rip a CD) you can go into the library, click organize, and list the tracks as you want. (If you want to view the tracks of a specific album, just click on Album in the drop down list)

Hope this helps

Bill

I think seperate playlists is probably as close as I'm going to get, at least its a little easier than trawling through hundreds of tracks trying to find that one obscure song you found by accident

Dam computers do what you tell them not what you want

Thanks for the replies

A

Anderson

jarvis said:
abacus said:

Hope this helps

Bill

Dam computers do what you tell them not what you want

So true ! ! !

jarvis

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Down loaded the free version, all I'll ever need and then some. Can now edit tracks, fade in and out, specify gap between tracks and join single tracks together, OK so the media player see's it as one file so no skipping between tracks but will tidy up my ever increasing library

Happy days

TRENDING THREADS