Could and EQ preset damage hearing?

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello, so recently it's been hard to me to fine a good answer to a question. I would like to know if making a eq preset for headphones, like reducing high-bass and increasing a few db (high frequencies) could damage my ears. Someone said something about creating pressure that could damage my ear, but nobody else mentioned. I guess the solution is not having an eq at all, however I found it essential to have a more balanced listening experience. This may sound very subjective since everyone has different capibilities but there must be a answer for this. Another concern is that the drivers could have potential damge because they won't be able to handle this changes in frequency response. Can somebody give a clear answer about this? Keeping my hearing intact is very important for me, since I enjoy music a lot. My sistem is: Sony WH-1000XM3 Wired ON and Samsung S10e. I'm open minded to opinions.
Thanks in advance.

abacus

As mentioned volume is the biggest danger (Which way easy to go over the top with on headphones, hence a lot of portable have volume limiters built in) and if you increase the bass you are increasing the volume at bass frequency’s so always take care as once your hearing is damaged you are stuffed.

Bill

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts