Coronavirus

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Just had my American flu jab and should be getting my Covid Vaccine one soon too.

On Thursday we had our first Vaccines at Epsom racecourse (Oxford/ Astra-Zeneca). The nurses are very good, very reassuring. The jab was no problem but yesterday I was suffering flu-like symptoms, minus the sore throat and sneezing: Headache, achy legs and back... and, of course, my arm felt like I had a ton weight attached.

Woke up this morning and I feel a lot better: No aches and arm is better. That said, I feel a little drained.

Still a better option a couple of days discomfort than getting Covid.

Mrs. P had no side effects other than a sore arm. Everyone responds differently.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Had my Vaccine jab last Sunday, had the shivers in the evening, whole body literally shaking, similar to a washing machine when it comes to the intensive spin program and begins to Rock'n Roll. Next day It seems like I was pissing for England through out the day, and then next day all gone and back to normal.

D

Deleted member 2457

Got my COVID jab a week this wednesday just went on NHS website and booked it and my second one too!

D

Deleted member 2457

What did you two have? Had AstraZeneca yesterday - slightly sore arm and generally feeling a little knackered, but I'll take that any day.
I haven’t had them yet. Not sure what they will be. I guess AstraZeneca because I react to stuff and so does my mum and that’s what she got.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I got my first jab on the 11th (Astrazenica). Didnt feel particularly good the following day on the friday. Had some temperature swings, aches (all over) and constipation. My arm felt rough for the first 48 hours but afterwards i settled down.

Interesting that you've been able to book your first and second jabs Gel. I got a message from my doctors practice to book in. Had my first jab, and on the follow up appointment card they give you after your first jab with the batch number etc. on it, I had a message that the doctors surgery will contact me closer to the time to book the second. Following Monday I got a message from the NHS telling me to book my first COVID jab again! Priceless :LOL:

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

I got my first jab on the 11th (Astrazenica). Didnt feel particularly good the following day on the friday. Had some temperature swings, aches (all over) and constipation. My arm felt rough for the first 48 hours but afterwards i settled down.

Interesting that you've been able to book your first and second jabs Gel. I got a message from my doctors practice to book in. Had my first jab, and on the follow up appointment card they give you after your first jab with the batch number etc. on it, I had a message that the doctors surgery will contact me closer to the time to book the second. Following Monday I got a message from the NHS telling me to book my first COVID jab again! Priceless :LOL:
Yes, so I could book the 2 appointments in 1 go. Lucky I also knew my NHS member number which you need too so it was all pretty easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCarmi

I had the AZ jab on Friday. No noticeable side effects apart from feeling tired Saturday PM.
Apparently the second AZ jab usually has much less of a reaction. Pfizer is supposed to be the exact opposite i.e. Not much of a reaction to the first jab but more likely after the second.

I have to say that the whole process was incredibly efficient.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Nah, i had the AstraZeneca jab. It was an enforced rule where i had it though regardless of which one you had, if you drove you had to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes afterwards. My mother has the Pfizer jab in the same place and had to follow the same rules.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 188533

The state of Georgia opened to everyone over age 16 today. I'll get one as soon as I can schedule one from Johnson and Johnson hopefully within a week. I can get the Pfizer or Moderna as well but I like the single dose and the fact that the J&J isn't mRNA.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
There's a single word description of him that I've refrained from using.......to avoid a lifetime ban from this forum.
:LOL:
Whilst completely against Brexit, they way the EU have been acting lately has been do anything to put the UK in a trade war with them, which they'll win at this point having existing agreements and the power of 27 other nations. It would seem though whilst their legal teams have been so busy bullying us over Bexit, they've completely failed to negotiate a supply deal properly with AstraZeneca to protect their own citizens. If you believe what's coming out of other forums, the legal text of this agreement could have been negotiated by an 8 year old.

D

Deleted member 188533

Johnson and Johnson single dose scheduled Monday. I could have got it tomorrow but I've got some things to do Monday out on the other side of town where they are offering the J&J shots anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts