Connection Leads for DVD Recorder?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm just about to buy the SONY RGR HXD970 dvd recorder and was wondering what leads would go best with this?

At the moment I only have a tv with scart sockets on the back at the moment and a Sky+ box so dont think I need to bother with HDMI until I upgrate the tv and get a receiver etc.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Correct - simple, cost-effective Scarts will do the job. One from Sky+ to DVD for recording from planner to HD or DVD-R, and one from recorder to TV for playback. And if you have terrestrial TV as well as Sky, which I assume you have given that you've bought a Freeview recorder, aerial lead from the wall socket to the DVD recorder, and a fly-lead from the TV's aerial out to the TV. That would let you watch TV independent of what the DVD recorder of Sky box were recording.

Which cables? Simple boggo stuff for the aerials - the flylead packed with the Sony will do for recorder to TV - and something no-nonsense like QED Sqart or Philex Thor for the Scarts.

A

Anonymous

UNTIL YOU UPGRADE YOUR TV ,GOOD QUALITY SCART LEADS,IE CAMBRIDGE AUDIO FROM RICHERSOUNDS WILL DO NICELY.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts