connecting xbox 360 via component to the sony str-da2400es assignment problems

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
hi i'm wondering if anybody can help or point me in the right direction in regard to this problem i seem to be having. i brought a sony str-da2400es as a replacement to a marantz nr1501 which died on me 4 months ago.

now i'm overall really happy with the sony but there is just one thing thats really bugging me with it and it's assigning inputs. i have an xbox 360 connected to the component video1 input and audio connected to optical in 2 on the sony. when pressing the video1 button on the remote i get audio and when i put it on the relevant input on the tv to play my xbox it says no video signal.

now when i press the bd button on the remote i'm able to get sound and also picture when i select the relevant input on my tv. the problem is when i turn off the bluray player and have the xbox on the picture is displayed on the bd input.

now when trying to assign inputs using the gui bd comes up as component video 1 but i would like to assign the xbox to component video 1 but it seems that i can't do that.

does anyone know how to work around this as i would like to have the xbox connected to the component video input and eventually would like to hook up an nintendo wii to the component video 2 input without any hassel.

i hope that i have managed to explain my situation in a way for you to understand and would be really grateful for any help that anyone can give thanks in advance.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Hi,

I'm not sure how much use I'll be but I'll try. If you press GUI MODE on the remote it will highlight INPUT. Press the right arrow and VIDEO 1 should be highlighted (if not, just arrow down until it is). Then press the OPTIONS/TOOLS button and in there you can imput assign and name assign. Hope this helps...

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:
Hi,

I'm not sure how much use I'll be but I'll try. If you press GUI MODE on the remote it will highlight INPUT. Press the right arrow and VIDEO 1 should be highlighted (if not, just arrow down until it is). Then press the OPTIONS/TOOLS button and in there you can imput assign and name assign. Hope this helps...

thanks for the quick response i have used the gui and tried to assign the xbox to component video1 but when i press video1 on the remote i get audio but no picture it seems to display the picture on the bd input.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Also worth pressing input mode to try and select the right input. To be honest, I get on with mine quite well, but it can be a bit confusing and illogical sometimes. Might be worth checking some owners other forums, there are people on there with far more knowledge than me...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Just thought of something else. My Wii is connected to video 1 but the video is assigned to composite. Not sure if I'm helping....

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorreltiger:The instructions for this are on p 88 of the manual. I think that perhaps you need to use optical 1 to pair with video 1. I don't see why you're using 2.

sorreltiger i do use optical 1 to pair with video 1 thats not my problem, my problem is that i don't get video if i press the video1 button on the remote just sound.

when i put it on the input on my tv where it's supposed to show video it comes up as no video displayed. but if i press the bd button on the remote and put it on the input on my tv to watch a bluray disc thats where the xbox 360 picture is displayed.

so my problem is i would like to assign the component 1 input with my xbox so when i press the video1 button on the amps remote and select the input on my tv i would like to see the xbox 360 picture displayed and when i press the bd button on the amps remote and select the input on my tv for that i would like to see the bluray or dvd.

but i think that component video1 in is shared with hdmi so makes it pretty hard to assign that input.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
It sounds like all your inputs go into the amp and then by HDMI to the TV. Is that correct? If that's the case, you will be using the same TV input for Blu-ray and X-Box. All the setting up will be on the amp.

Sideways thought - have you thought of using HDMI and optical for the X-Box?

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorreltiger:
It sounds like all your inputs go into the amp and then by HDMI to the TV. Is that correct? If that's the case, you will be using the same TV input for Blu-ray and X-Box. All the setting up will be on the amp.

Sideways thought - have you thought of using HDMI and optical for the X-Box?
yeah you are correct unfortunately my xbox 360 was one of the first ones that came out so doesn't have hdmi only the component thanks for the help though.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW:Just thought of something else. My Wii is connected to video 1 but the video is assigned to composite. Not sure if I'm helping....

hi bigbernard is your wii connected to the component video1 input on the amp and in the gui menu have you then assigned it to composite? if so i think that i will try that and see it works.

A

Anonymous

The buttons DVD, BD etc select the various hdmi inputs, but they also
double up as selectors for the multi-assign. U could just make sure the
preset combinations are not conflicting with the options u wish to use
eg.

(Xbox) Set Video1: Video -> Component1, Audio -> Video 1 Opt

(Wii) Set Video2: Video -> Component2, Audio -> Analog

Re-assign BD video input to something thats not in use -eg component 3.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
edsib1:
(Xbox) Set Video1: Video -> Component1, Audio -> Video 1 Opt

(Wii) Set Video2: Video -> Component1, Audio -> Analog

If u have a HDMI device on the BD input - it will take control of component 1 as u have it set up - so u need to re-assign the BD video input to something thats not in use -eg component 3.

Make sure the BD audio is re-assigned to something not in use as well.

thanks edsib for the info what do you think would be best to assign the bd audio to?, one last question when you add extra sources to the amp which have hdmi what button would you press to go on that input as the amps remote doesn't have hdmi 1,hdmi2, hdmi3, hdmi4, buttons on it.

A

Anonymous

The HDMI inputs are BD,DVD,SAT,Video 1

On the multi-assign for those buttons I set the videos inputs to be componet3, and the audios to COAX as I know Im never going to use those inputs.

If u do have connections that conflict - for example if u were to plugg an HDMI device into Video 1 in the future, u just need to remember the HDMI will take priority. The hdmi device needs to be turned off for the multi-assign to regain control.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
markiedee, I've got an xbox 360 linked to a STR-DA2400ES via component. IIRC I had quite a few issues putting the 360 in the first set of available component inputs around the back. I ended up using the 2nd set of component inputs, which then worked fine.

Let me know how you get on; if you need more info I'll have a proper look at my exact setup and let you know what it is.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Andy Grange:markiedee, I've got an xbox 360 linked to a STR-DA2400ES via component. IIRC I had quite a few issues putting the 360 in the first set of available component inputs around the back. I ended up using the 2nd set of component inputs, which then worked fine.

Let me know how you get on; if you need more info I'll have a proper look at my exact setup and let you know what it is.

thanks andy grange i would really be grateful. at the moment i'm not at home but when i'm back there in the week i'm gonna give all the information i gotfrom here ago.

funny thing is when i got the amp in the week and unpacked it and started connecting things to it i had no issues. when i connected my xbox to the component 1 input i remember tested everything and when i pressed video 1 on the remote it displayed the picture and sound from my xbox, when i turned on my bluray player and pressed the bd button on the remote everything was fine to.

the problem arose when i was playing my xbox and pressed the gui button on the remote by mistake and it seemed to have jumbled things up.

i reset the amp and everything thinking that it would make everything go back to how it was but it didn't thanks to you guys though i think that i will sort things out with it in the end. overall the sound quality is amazing thanks again for everyones input.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Hi Markiedee,

Yes I moved the Wii from component video 2 to component video 1 because I didn't like the connection on the front of the unit. Now looking in gui mode the video is composite and the audio is analogue. My Blu Ray which is connected by hdmi and optical is assigned to componet 1 for video and video 1 optical for audio. Both of these go to the correct unit when pressing the video 2 button for the Wii and BD for the Blu Ray player. So it really should work for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts