Connecting NAD C700 to an integrated amp.

Rama

Sep 4, 2024
Visit site
I want to use the streaming facility of the NAD C700 (going to buy) to sometime play my Willsenton R8 Tube amp without reconnecting any audio or speaker cables.
The NAD has its own B&W bookshelf speakers and the Willsenton its floor standing Klipsch speakers. I can connect the NAD pre-out (RCA L&R) to the Willsenton Pre-in. Question: With both NAD and Willsenton switched on will music be heard from the NAD's speakers as well ? I don't want that as I want to listen to the Willsenton's speakers only.. How do I control the volume on the Willsenton's speakers? BY the NAD's Volume control?
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Gray

I can connect the NAD pre-out (RCA L&R) to the Willsenton Pre-in.
Presumably you mean the Willsenton's power amp in.
Question: With both NAD and Willsenton switched on will music be heard from the NAD's speakers as well ?
Yes - unless there's a way to mute the NAD's speakers and use it in pre-amp only mode (the user manual would say).

And with NAD (variable) pre-amp out to Willsenton power amp in, volume would be controlled by the NAD.

If the NAD has got a fixed output mode (again the user guide will advise) then it could be fed into a line input on the Willsenton, as opposed to its power amp in.
That way, the tube amp would be doing your volume controlling.

(Best to avoid having both volume controls in the chain).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts