Connecting Iphone/Ipod to Rega Saturn DAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

balderroug

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
davedotco said:
balderroug said:
davedotco said:
BMFDrums said:
Just so I am clear, why do you want to play music off your iThings if you can plug the DAC straight into your Mac? You can do everything straight from the Mac, and make use of the (free) Mac Remote App, which allows you to control iTunes from your iPhone/iPad to choose tracks, select playlists, add songs to the Up Next list, adjust volume (although maybe not when using USB - I haven't tried that), etc. If you already have all of your music on the Mac (which I assume you do, if you are using the Mac to sync to your iThings), then just play everything from there using the Remote App. This gives you the best SQ and maximum flexibility for the price of a USB cable - bonus!

My suggestion is that you download the App and give it a go without connecting to the DAC. For £0.00, it's the best money you'll spend this year...!

All the best, and please do let us know what you decide/find.

Absolutely, definitely the way to go providing computer and CD player are in close proximity.

The use of an AEX or ATV is primarily convenience and socialability, having someone turn up and be able to play from their iThing, whilst sat on the sofa is cool and fun.

Oh, I do like "cool and fun".

//

Apple speak for 'geeky'....... ;)

ohhh, SNAP

:cheers:

//

BMFDrums

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My apologies for being slow on the uptake. 'Other people's iThings' was the point I had not picked up on.

Good of luck with the cool, fun geekery...!

balderroug

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
BMFDrums said:
My apologies for being slow on the uptake. 'Other people's iThings' was the point I had not picked up on.

Good of luck with the cool, fun geekery...!

No worries, thank you for taking time to reply!!

//

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts