Connecting a soundbar to a Marantz PM7200 amp

alastair

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello there

Having done a lot of googling, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help!

Following several house moves, I have finally got enough time to re-erect my hifi and dig out the old records. However, due to limited space, I cannot use my floor standing Mission speakers. Instead, I would like to find the best way of connecting my Marantz PM7200 amp to a Canton DM55 soundbase. Can I connect using RCA plugs via the processor out? Could I splice RCA plugs onto speaker wire or would that damage the equipment? Would I have to use a 6.35mm to RCA cable?

If anyone has any pointers, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
alastair said:
Hello there

Having done a lot of googling, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help!

Following several house moves, I have finally got enough time to re-erect my hifi and dig out the old records. However, due to limited space, I cannot use my floor standing Mission speakers. Instead, I would like to find the best way of connecting my Marantz PM7200 amp to a Canton DM55 soundbase. Can I connect using RCA plugs via the processor out? Could I splice RCA plugs onto speaker wire or would that damage the equipment? Would I have to use a 6.35mm to RCA cable?

If anyone has any pointers, it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Alastair, a quick look online at the manual for your amp shows 'processor' in & out rca connections. If this is the same as a pre-out, then you should be able to use an rca cable from the processor out to the rca in connection on your soundbase. But - this is just a quick look and I'm asuming 'processor' and 'pre-out' are the same thing. Hopefully, someone else will know more about this, but this is worth exploring I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts