Hi I'm new to this forum wondering if you could me some help . my brother as been given a pioneer a 10 amp but he wants me to connect his graphic equlizer to it but it has no tape monitor like his old amp. Is it possible to connect the equlizer any other way. thank you

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello Ian, the only method I can think of is to daisy-chain the equaliser between the source and the amp. Of course the drawback is it will only work with that one specific source. As you've correctly noted, without a monitor button (or pre-out / power-in sockets, seen on some amps like the old Creek 5350SE), there's no easy way to connect an equaliser so it works on all sources.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Looking at the manual it appears to have a tape loop labeled recorder

James

It does.

But it does not appear to have a Tape monitor button, so there is no way of switching the Tape loop into circuit so that it works on other inputs.

As pointed out, it can be used between the source and the amp, but of course only one source at a time unless you swap cables or buy a switching box.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep...that's what I mean...it's just basically another input and not a loop that can be switched in/out while other sources are selected. Bottom line is he can't use it the way he wants to and can only use an equaliser with his amp if he daisy-chains one source though it (or two...some eq's have a line input for another source.)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Another point of view (which I accept is not relevant to the question, because the OP asked for a solution not an opinion) is don't bother with a graphic EQ in the first place. In a home environment there's rarely a time that they bring anything good to the table. They can't defy physics and make a pair of cack speakers sound good, and "room nodes" (if you're hoping a graphic EQ will tame them) are better treated at source by shuffling your furniture around and using natural damping like heavy curtains and rugs, rather than trying to compensate for a naff-sounding room by throwing another box of electronics into the mix. Just food for thought!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts